Sunday, May 18, 2008

Birthdays!!



Happy Sunday Scrappers! Thought I'd make a quick post today, since I've been gone so long. Lucky for me, we had nowhere to go today so I've spent it in my craft room, scrappin' away!! I've had lots of requests from friends for boy's/masculine birthday cards or invites. So I worked on one today that I think would make a great card for a younger girl or boy, or even a really cute circus themed invitation! These stamps are from High Hopes and I just love em'--if you haven't checked out their stamps yet, get on over there--cute,cute!! I think I bought all of the animals the last time I visited--oh boy! I got the inspiration for this card from Lauren Meader's blog (an incredibly talented girl) and it made me want to do my own version of a pop-up card. This of course can be transformed into any kind of card you want it to be, and I just love the dimensional feel of it. I decided to make the base of this card a circus tent to go with my happy elephant. Not a hard job, but definitely tedious to cut out all the tent's stripes and line them up. Everything is colored with my fabulous Copics and the nuts and sentiment are popped with dimensionals. Hope you likee!

I'll be using this card soon, because it seems spring is the time of many birthdays--including my own which I celebrated in Disney last week on May 3rd! I won't mention numbers, but let's just say I'm thirty something--lol! My dear hubby & kids surprised me with a spa package at The Grand Floridian Spa for a whole day, but I ended up cancelling it (I know...gasp),but I didn't want to spend a whole day in the spa--I'm too type A and antsy to sit that long & anyhow I was on vacation to spend time with my family not my own crazy self--ha ha! I just asked for the equivalent in $$ so I can spend it how I'd like--I know not that inventive, but I like to spend $$$, ya know!!(especially on craft supplies, as if I need more--yes, yes, more, more)
Ok, gotta go finish more projects that I'm behind on--catch up with everyone tomorrow.
Happy Scrappin',
Suzanne
High Hopes stamps (elephant, peanuts), SU sentiment from Spectacular Bday set, Copics, dimensionals, SU solid cs, michaels ribbon & button, Adirondack ink

4 comments:

  1. This is just over the "big top" fabulous!!! Im sitting with my jaw on the floor! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a super cute card, how fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on Lauren's sketch. That tent is just so clever!
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover