Sunday, June 22, 2008

Magnolia Crazy






Hello Scrappers! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Yes, I am once again typing my blog post at 12:30 am because I DO NOT know how to go to bed--lol!! I just wanted to get it done because we have a busy day coming up. We're going to the nursery to buy plants & shrubs & then we'll try and get over to the pool for a little while. The kids went to bed early tonight since they were up way too late last night (after 1 am I think) because my daughter had a friend sleepover--and boy was she a grumpo today--so they went to bed at 9pm. Gave me lots of time here in the craft room to finish up some things in peace! My two cards today are with Magnolia stamps. I have had these sitting in a box for awhile now and just got them inked up (I didn't realize how many of these I had--oh no)! It's so funny to see everyone going crazy over the Magnolia's now that they are going to be sold here in the US soon--could've saved me some money if I had waited (but I'm not good at waiting for anything)since I ordered mine from overseas--lol! **Fantasy Film for those not familiar is a thin kinda cellophane that comes in multiple colors. You ink up your stamp w/ a permanent ink (I used Staz-On) lay a few layers of fantasy film on top, then cover w/ parchment or a thin fabric and iron on medium heat for a bit. I always peek to make sure it's fully stamped (when the stamp comes thru the film). Pull off and cut out what you need; in my case it was just the mermaid tail. The film does not stick to your stamps (I've tried them w/ rubber & acrylic). The fantasy film also comes w/ instructions--not hard at all, but gives a great effect**


This first card is made with 2 Magnolia stamps (I do not know any of the names because they do not come in a package w/ the names when you order them from the home company overseas) and I'm too lazy to look it up for you (sorry)! Some of these stamps are newer, but some are from last year too--I just buy what I like, not always what is new--if you're curious you can see their catalog online here. Anyhoo, this card has 2 stamps that I stamped separately instead of masking. For some reason I always want to cut my girls out because I think they look so much more real in 3-D! So I stamped & colored the bench (w/Copics) and then stamped & colored the girl and then cut her out (she's popped up w/ dimensionals). I followed Lauren Meader's Saturday sketch (I flipped it around) to make the card. The cs is from PTI (boy do I just lovee their colors) and the dp is from DCWV "Nana's Nursery-baby girl". I just adore any kind of prints with cherries or strawberries so I had to use these. When Alexa (my dd) was a baby she had the cutest little strawberry dress with matching beret--just the cutest, but now she hates pink (ugh--preteens, I tell ya!). After I got the card assembled I added the Prima flowers and buttons. The middle of the flowers are pearls from Ellen Hutson's online store--I made the green leaves from some green Prima flowers by cutting the petals off and shaping them into leaf shapes. The sentiment & the bee are from one of PTI's new stamp sets called "flower garden sentiments"--lovin' em! I still felt it needed something so I added some white dots around the cs with my Inkssentials pen and voila!


The second card is with a Magnolia mermaid that I bought ages ago w/ good intentions to use it, but then forgot (uh, what else is new)! I have had this fantasy film (in waterfall) for just as long, because I bought it knowing I would use it on her tail when I had ordered the stamp. I got my fantasy film The Art Institute Glitter but I see you can get it from All That Scraps now(very easy to use) and so pretty on cards. The cs is once again PTI's (aqua mist) and the dp is by American Crafts (Elegant-formal). I love the contrast of these two colors together--so dramatic. I'm calling her Moonlight Mermaid because it's as though she's sunning herself at night in the moonlight! I colored her with both my Copics and my twinkling H2O's for lots of shimmer. The flowers are by Prima (daisy doodles) with pearl centers again. The sentiment is from Verve Visual's "wonderful wishes" stamp set and I thought it was so appropriate w/ this card--just lovin' it!!


If you too have a love affair with the "Magnolia's"--get on over to the new Yahoo group and join up. Always fun to cyber "hang-out" with others who share the same passion! If you're looking for Magnolia's here in the US, Diane from Scor-Pal will have her online store up & running soon. Details from Diane (which originally came from Lauren's blog):
“The MAGNOLIA-licious web site will not be online for several weeks but we have inventory and are sending out product now. People can contact me at magnolia.us@shaw.ca I will send them a catalog persay of all the images we have. They copy and paste into a new document what stamps they would like and send this to me. I then call them and we complete their order. The Tilda and Edwin images are $12.00 and the others range from$9.00 to $14.50 for the very large stamps like the “swing”. The stamps are mailed from Blaine, WA for US customers and Surrey, Canada for Canadian Customers. The prices are at par.”

So there you have it for today--I'll see everyone on Monday!
Suzanne


Strawberry Magnolia--Mannolia girl & bench;PTI cs, sentiment & bee; DCWV "Nana's Nursery--baby girl" dp; Copics, pearls, Primas, buttons by SEI, dimensionals, stickles, nestabilities

Moonlight Mermaid--Magnolia Mermaid; PTI aqua mist cs, American Crafts dp, Fantasy Film in waterfall, Primas, pearls, Verve Visual sentiment, nestabilities, Copics, Twinkling H2O's, dimensionals.


6 comments:

  1. two very beautiful cards!! Glad you dug these out and used them for us to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! So cute!! love it. I never saw the mermaid!! OMG! Im in toruble! I thought I just bought them all! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are just beautifull, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne ~~ I had to check out your blog because I really like the Magnolia card you posted today ~~ the strawberry paper is just too sweet with it! Then I come here & see the mermaid!!! I love it!! I own NO Magnolias, & although I haven't jumped on any bandwagon (lol), I do find them cute & might buy a few when they come to the US ~~ thanks for the info about Scor-Pal carrying some, good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne,I love the new magnolia cards.You are oh so talented.I want to come over and play and learn from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are adorable...i love that you had her pop, too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover