Thursday, June 26, 2008

Retro Dressing!



Good afternoon everyone! It's almost Friday & the weekend--yippee! We are going to my Mom's house for the weekend tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it, but I won't be in my craft room for 3 WHOLE days (boo hoo)! I have yet to pack, because I like to do everything last minute (as is my way in life-hehe), but I'll get it done before everyone goes to bed.


My card for today uses the weekly sketch from SCS that you can find here. I don't always get to do the sketches over there but I really liked this one. I also got my brand spankin' new stamps from Gina K (finally, the mailman was tired of me stalking him-lol)!! If you haven't had a chance to check them out, take my word, they're really cute! When I saw the sneak peeks for this set "Retro Boutique", I knew it would be in my cart first and foremost! Love all the images (and there are lots--shoes, purses, etc) in it. I paper pieced this entire dress and purse w/ dp from Basic Grey(sultry) and cs from PTI. I stamped the shoe and perfume bottle (parts of a larger image)and then colored them with my Copics, cut them out & popped em' up w/ dimensionals--the purse is also popped up w/ dimensionals. If you look closely, the shoe and purse have small rhinestones (a muse) and there's some stickles thrown in too! I really like how these 3 colors play off of each other--very retro looking. The sentiment is from the same set and I added more rhinestones to the ends. Hope you likee!

I will try and post once more before I leave at noon tomorrow--depends on how fast I can get my brood (including dogs) out the door--lol! My doggies love going to grama's house-they get to run around with her 2 dogs and tire themselves out--its a mini vacay for dogs I think!!


See ya tomorrow--
Suzanne
Retro dress--all stamps by Gina K, a muse rhinestones, stickles in cotton candy, dp by Basic Grey (sultry pad), cs by PTI, nestabilities, circle punch, Copics, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. OMG this is so cute! I love it!! Your colors are great and so is the dress....just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time visiting your blog, and I must say you have some fabulous cards! I also love your stamping room! I'll be back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Retro is one of my favorite looks! Way, way to cute! Love your colors too. So, so retro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable!! Love the paper piecing!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this card and thank you for the inspiration.

    See my post today regarding the retail therapy you provided.

    http://kweenbee.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover