Monday, July 7, 2008

Down On The Farm!



Happy Monday scrappers! I don't like Monday's very much myself but you gotta start your week off positive, righto? I wanted to start off by saying a big "THANK YOU" to everyone who has sent me such lovely comments or emails the past few months on my creations. Nothing pleases me more than knowing that what I do is appreciated and well-taken by everyone and if I help you out along the way too, then great (or enable you in any way :)! I don't always get to respond to everyone all the time, but if I haven't personally thanked you, do know that I read every email and comment sent to me and appreciate them all. So thanks again & hope you continue reading my lil' ole blog!


Ok, onward scrappers-- My card today is with one of my new Sarah Kay stamps that I got from Sweet 'n Sassy (I got them all because I couldn't just pick a couple--lol). I am in love with these stamps--totally adore them! They are clear acrylic and stamp beautifully & so very detailed--lotsa fun to color too! I had a Holly Hobby room, bookbag and lunch box when I was little--my room was blue and white and soooo cute. Boy, do these stamps take me back (a long, long time ago--ha ha-really I'm not THAT old). I put this card together with the new Caardvark's challenge in mind, which this week is a "farm" theme. Do you think this is "farmy" enough? This image reminds me of a picture my mom has of me at my grandparents farm in NY when I was 3--I had on my fave overalls and had baby chickies all around me (wish I could scan the pic in). I loved spending the summer up there and getting to play with all the animals and run around barefoot all summer (course I still run around barefoot)! This was so much fun to color, I'll definitely be inking up the rest of these stamps this week! I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch #44 from last week (I must say I switched it up just a bit) because I thought it would showcase both the stamp and yummy dp. The dp is from Basic Grey's "Lily Kate" 6x6 paper pad--are those not the best papers to use--and the yellow cs is PTI's lemon tart, green & blue cs is SU's certainly celery & bashful blue. The flowers are all Primas with various brads and buttons are from an assortment I got at AC Moore. The little sentiment is from Verve Stamp's "floral whimsy" set--they have the most awesomest (is that a word--if not, I'm usin' it anyway) sentiments for sure. I only added a few stickles to her hat bow (gotta have a lil' bling in the country, right) and she's colored w/ my Copics. Around the white cs on the image & sentiment I rubbed Colorbox's Chalk CatsEye ink in light cream just to shabby it up a bit--love the chalk ink for that because you can layer it to get it the tint you want & it's small enough to get in small places.

Alright, I am off to blurf (you know, blog surfing) and catch up on everyone. Yes, I typed this at midnite again--you should know me by now & my night-crawling :) Have a great day!
Suzanne

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Good luck on the challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with me. I am thrilled you received your order and you are already playing :).

    I'd love for you to consider applying for the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Design Team when our call is posted in the fall. Your work is FABULOUS!

    Hugs,
    Korin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a fantastic card!
    xAndrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is just the cutest card! I love the stamped image....just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS COLORING!

    (and i love your piecing on the post below :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne,I love your work and I love this card.There is an award for you on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a blue and white holly hobby bedroom too ... what fun memories ... adorable on the farm card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an AMAZING coloring job! Seriously...wow...simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omgosh, this is just fabulous..fantastic colour combination and colouring of your image. well done. hugs rach.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trop jolie cette carte, j'adore
    Biz Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I like your take on the challenge!I was just thinking animals but this lil farm girl is precious.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover