Friday, July 25, 2008

Sunglasses People!!




Good TGIF everyone!! Yeahhhhhh, its the weekend!! We have absolutely no plans this weekend & ya know what that means? Stampin' time for me, oh yeah!! We are going to dinner tonight with friends w/o the kids which is a rare treat for us, so that will be fun. But other than that, we have no plans...how often does that happen--nevah!!

Ok, today is a 2 card day for ya, but ya bettah put your sunglasses on cuz' they're BRIGHT!! My first card I made using some of my new goodies from All That Scraps that came the other day (remember my happy mail). This stamp set is by CC Designs & is called "Sweet Treats"--too stinkin' cute I think!! I used the weekly sketch #186 over on SCS for this card. This dp by Doodlebug Designs (birthday girl party time) I adore and it fits right in w/ this stamp, dontcha' think? The limey green cs is by Coredinations, the hot pink by SU. I colored my lil' bear w/ Copics and then added some diamond stickles to the edges of the ice cream. I also paper pierced around her for some added detail. The strip of hot pink cs w/ embossed buttons was made with one of the new CB embossing folders (Just My Type borders)--it comes with 5 cute edge borders that I got from CutatHome but you can also get it here. I used one of the sentiments and added stickles to the "SWEET" and layered it. For final touches I added some pink pearls from Ellen Hutson and the cute lil' library clip (thanks to my bella sistah Cathy for these) is by MM.


The second card I made actually won me a prize this week. I had made this last week and added it to the Inque Boutique gallery--they pick a card from the gallery every week to win $50 worth of their stamps. This was the first time I had entered and I actually won--can ya' believe it!! I had my list of stamps I wanted all ready for them--ha ha!! Anyhow, this card was made with one of their mini sets called "Memoirs" that you can get here. If you haven't tried out their stamps, they are really great & stamp beautifully (not to mention easy on the wallet)! I used 3 of the stamps together to make a mini scene (the tree is 2 stamps). I added diamond glaze to the tree foliage for shine and outlined the house w/ black marker to make it pop. This dp is from Cosmo Cricket's "Hello Sunshine" paper pad--pretty mod I think. I used my largest scalloped circle nestie to make the card base--I like these round cards and this is my first time making one. I used some more nesties to cut out the rest of the layers including the sentiment. I added some ribbon from the Michaels $1 bin and made a loop at the top and tied it. I thought this would make a great housewarming gift card to attach to a bottle of wine or a goodie basket and it was quick & easy to make. It's a winner (ha ha)!!

Ok, I hope you all have a great Friday evening and I will post at least once this weekend for ya!! Until then...

Suzanne
PS--I've won a couple of awards from some sweet blogging friends--I will upload them this weekend (I haven't forgotten) & thanks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh these are both wonderful cards but the bear is just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad it is friday too- it is 6p and I am just getting to my blurfing. I just got this CC design set and will be posting one of the images too- I love these colors! HEidi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover