Friday, October 24, 2008

A Birthday Pumpkin!

Happy Friday my friends! Ahhh...thank goodness its the weekend, right!! I lovee my craft room but I feel like I haven't left it much this week. I'm definitely taking a break on Sunday--no stamping--do you think I can do it, lol? We're going to a friend's house tomorrow afternoon for their annual Halloween party so that should be lots of fun. The kids are dressing up (Alexa is a woodland fairy & Riley is a 20's mobster/gangster) but hubby and I are not this year :( We just ran out of time so I'm going as a crazy stamper lady w/ ink stamped hands, ROFL!!!

Anywhoo, I just have one card for ya today cuz' I didn't get to take my pictures of everything else before I lost daylight (I hate it getting dark early--feels like my day is over too soon)! I bought myself one of those fancy lightboxes but whenever I use it at night my pics turn out pinkish and not true to color even after Photoshopping them. Anyone have any advice on that--I'd appreciate it?



I made this card for my sister's bday (she's 11 yrs older than me {giggle} & her bday was the 16th so I'm late, what else is new, lol). She loves Precious Moments and this stamp is so perfect for this month. For those of you who like these stamps head to Ebay cuz' that's where I got all of mine--for some hefty prices too! Stampendous stopped making them in the late 90's for whatever reason so they're hard to come by, but oh so cute! I used this weeks sketch challenge #199 on SCS--I actually made 3 cards with this sketch cuz' I loved it so much, very versatile & fun to do. The yummy dp is from SU's "Autumn Vine"--lovin' that Baja Breeze color! Image is colored w/ Copics and highlighted with my Ranger Inkssentials pen. The sentiment is from Verve Stamps "Wonderful Wishes Remixed" set. Hope you likee--I really like this color combo alot!

Hope you're all off to a wonderful, relaxing weekend! I have another blog candy alert for you--my Whiff of Joy DT sistah Camilla is having her blog candy giveaway starting today. She's offering up a WOJ "Charlie 007" for ya, so go enter for it! I'm edging ever so closer to 50,000 hits so keep your eyes peeled for my Xmas blog candy real soon! I'll be back tomorrow with lots of new goodies for ya!

hugz,
Suzanne

14 comments:

  1. your card for your sister is stunning, Suzanne, love everything about it:)

    Have a good day
    Clo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet image and a very cute card!

    Have a great Halloween party (we don't celebrate Halloween in The Netherlands :( ....!) and a nice Sunday without stamps ;)

    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another simply adorable card! Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!! I really love the color combo and that image is downright adorable!! :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is stunning! I just LOVE your coloring technique.

    Question about your photoshopping... i'm horrible and rarely remember to take pictures of my cards during the day or i only get to work on them at night and i'm too impatient to wait until daylight. haha. i dont think my pictures are horrid, but i do a lot of color therapy on photoshop. What do you do to adjust the color? I may be able to help you out. just email me. :)

    makeupbykatie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! You're sister will love it! I love the paper and the corners.

    Have fun at the party. Make sure not to get ink all over anyone! And we'll see Monday if you were really able to stay out of your room on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, l am just loving the colours!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful display of color on this amazingly gorgeous card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you build your customer base with Stampin' up?

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an adorable image you have used on your Sister's card, she is going to love it! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Suzanne this is adorable, I love the colours and your colouring, your sister will adore it
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an adorable birthday card. Those PM images are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover