Saturday, October 11, 2008

FairyTale Time!!


Hiya everyone! I am sick as a dog right now so no pumpkin patch today for me, but I'm still hopeful I will be able to go tomorrow. I'm posting a card I finished a few days ago to share with you today.


This card uses two stamps from Spiral Whisper "Castle on Hill" bg and "Posh Millie" (lovee these Max & Millie stamps). They have Princess Millie, but I thought this one looked like a lil' princess too. After coloring the background I layed a piece of acetate over the top--I wanted it to seem like she was looking out a window over her "lands" or maybe just dreaming of a far away place. I cut a window from my card cs and glued the bg w/ acetate to the inside. I used Verve Stamps "Fairy Tales" (how appropriate, hmmm) to stamp the sentiment in versamark onto the acetate and then embossed in white. I also used a small filigree from the same set to stamp in white around the border of the card. Millie was colored w/ Copics too and I added stickles to her underskirt and sash, and pink liquid pearls to the roses. Then I just added some Primas around the edges and the leaves are from Michaels bridal confetti flowers (in bridal section). You can get a whole can of these white flowers pretty cheap and then I just use my Copics to color them whatever color I want, in this case I colored them green and cut them apart to make leaves.


Alright, I'm off to lay down for a bit and then maybe go into the craft room to finish up a project for tomorrow--we'll see. Hope you're having a great weekend! And Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all my stampin' friends there!


Suzanne

14 comments:

  1. Oh my Suzanne! Just gorgeous! I bought this background stamp from SW, can't wait until it arrives! We missed you today, hope you feel better very soon!
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Susanne, man, I just love these little stamps! They do remind me of some other brand stamps too- hee hee.......
    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning card Suzanne, I am so sorry you are still not well. Make sure you get plenty of rest! Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful card! I'd love it for an engagement or wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon! You are really making these Spiral Whisper images grow on me. And I love the tip about the flowers. TYFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne!! I just want to jump in that card and run to that castle!! Such amazing work!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Love the images and the way you've coloured them in. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fabulous card and just right for any little princess! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OM goodness she is adorable! And that background scene is gorgeous! Great work! Looks like it took a LONG time to put together! WOWSERS!
    hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! Fantastic coloring and a fabulous scene! Take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. Love how you colored the scenery. Love the casle and the princess below.
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover