Friday, November 14, 2008

A Red, White & Blue Holiday!!

Yippee it's Friday, ladies! Ahh, I've been waiting not so patiently for it, lol! I'm having a few friends over on Saturday for some stampin' fun--you may know or visit some of these ladies in blogland, Christine & Marti! Lotsa chatting, stamping & they get to play with all my stamps, lol! And Sunday I'm gonna start putting up my 1 of my 8 Christmas trees (at least the 6 fake ones)--it takes me awhile so I have to start super early so that Thanksgiving weekend we can go get our 2 real trees. Yes, I am that crazy but I LOVE Christmas! I'm already picking out the new Christmas albums I'm gonna buy for my Ipod this year (Faith Hill, Enya & the new Burl Ives remix to name a few...)! So in my holiday spirit I've got some holiday projects done up in our patriotic red, white & blue...


This card and ornament use SUINK's new set called "Deer Ol Santa"--I love this set and the many ways you can mix and match the stamps. It reminds me of the original claymation Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer & Frosty shows (dontcha' still love those, I do)! Nowadays there are tons of Christmas cartoons/shows, but growing up w/o cable (GASP, I am that old, hee hee) I couldn't wait for the holiday show line up which always included Rudolph & Frosty!
The dp is from HOTP--lovee the bright blue! I colored with Copics and I sponged my nighttime clouds w/ Pacific Point SU ink. I wanted Santa to be holding the reins for his reindeer including Rudolph who has a red stickled nose, lol. I paper pierced my holes and then threaded red embroidery floss thru and taped on the backside. The sled rails, buttons and Santa's bag & buckle are glittered w/ my gold spica pen. If you haven't tried out these Copic Spicas, you really should cuz' they flow wonderfully & leave the nicest shimmer--if you don't want to invest in the set, buy one or two separately (I would go with clear, gold or silver first)!

Here's another coaster ornament for ya--I tell ya' I'm gonna use these 700+ coasters eventually, lol! For this one I just cut out the center with my scalloped square Nestabilities and also used the second larger nestie to cut out a layer of the same dp. The edge is colored w/ a copic marker and the inside embossed edge is too. I then took my liquid gold pen and edged all around. I cut a layer of clear acetate and attached to the back w/ adhesive. Then I stamped, colored & cut out my Santa again and attached him w/ a dimensional to the front on top of the acetate. The ribbon bow & hanger is from PTI (pure poppy).
I think this would make the cutest holiday gift for someone--an ornament and matching card & homemade to boot! So whatcha' think?
Don't forget tonight is the release party for PTI at 10 pm (EST)--maybe I'll see ya there!
hugz,
Suzanne



10 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne, lush cards :D Can't believe you have EIGHT xmas trees! xxx

    P.S. Do you ever sleep!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne - gorgeous creations as always! But 8 Xmas trees!!!!! where do you put them all??!!

    lol Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the red, white and blue colour combo on these two and pleae take some pics of your christmas trees when you have decorated them - I'd love to see. I've been hinting to DH that we could put up the outdoor lights on the tree out the front, especially as next year it will get chopped down as it's got too big! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just stunning hun lovely work. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne- I have been listening to Christmas music all week already! I also love Christmas. Used to have 4 trees but down to 2 now- just too much work for me.
    Your card/coaster are adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Suzanne amazing work i love the colors in your card I am giving u a blog award come check out my blog for all the detail have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, these are just too adorable! WOw, fabulous coloring, as always, but too CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable!! I also love that set. 8 trees?! You must have a HUGE HOUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore these colors! Love the ornament idea! I hadn't thought about that. And I love how you did the sky. Enjoy the trees. I don't have 8 but I'll have two or three around the house this year. Can't wait to see pics of them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover