Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hearts and Candy!!

Hello everyone! Are you dreamin' of the weekend like me? I actually have a busy, busy weekend & I'm thankful that everyone in my house (including me) is on the mend from the nasty flu bug--blech! The only good thing about being sick and running around at CHA so much is that I've lost 8 lbs! Now I just have 12 more lbs to go---I'd like to lose it by May, but we'll see...I need to get my butt moving & exercise (stop procrastinating as I'm famous for), lol!

Anywhoo, are you tired of Valentine's projects yet? Sorry but I've got another for ya today---love making projects at this time of year cuz' I get to use my favorite color, red!!

I had to ink up this cutie-pie Tilda with Hearts that Diana from Magnolia-licious sent me! I know she's holding hearts but I have lots of ideas for this cutie for different occassions (can u say fill her skirt with other things, hmmm...)! So this gift set includes a card and a box of Sweethearts candy that I made a cover for (would also work on a box of Nerds candy too). That dp is so fun and its by Doodlebug Designs---you can't tell but the red hearts on it are velvety, love it!

This card uses this week's SCS sketch #214 which is a fun one to use (already made 2 cards w/ it)! The cute sentiment is from StudioG $1 stamp that I got from Joann's and I added some fun stickles to the sentiment & hearts. Those glitter hearts came in a large bag for like $3 from Michaels in the kids craft section--great find! (Copic colors at bottom of post)

So this is just a simple cover for a box of candy that closes with a ribbon bow--dimensions are 9.25"x 2.75" (scored at 4.25 & 5"). Quick and easy to make for your kids Valentines or just a sweet person :o) I left the heart (made with my heart nestabilities) blank so I can write a message in it! Do you likee? I likee---such a sweet & fun gift!

Thought I'd share a picture of my son at the Superbowl Party at my friend Alex's house. He's been asking for one of these drink helmets for ages, and my hubby finally relented. And yes, that is 2 cans of Coke (takes after his mom, lol) so he was on a sugar-high that nite for sure! Can't believe he'll be 11 years old next week---my baby is gettin' big :o(
See ya tomorrow,
Suzanne
Copics Used: R46, R29, R27, R22, R20, R81, R83, RV13, RV14, RV21, Y21, E99, E11, E00

15 comments:

  1. Adore the Valentine Tildas Suzanne. They are so pretty. THe colours are really vibrant.
    Your son looks really funny in his drinking hat! He has a great sense of humour bless him.
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card and box cover are just super! I love pink and red together! Your son is pretty darn cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve what you have made, they are both gorgeous!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable Tilda beautifully coloured. and I love that pretty paper with the hearts. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab projects Suzanne. Your color is amazing. Love your tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too adorable! Love the sparkles on the hearts in her skirt and the sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I could EVER get tired of Valentine's Day projects Suzanne!! This is beyond adorable!!! You colored her beautifully and I love your candy cover!! What an awesome set to give someone! I believe I'll use your idea if you don't mind! And I love that DP! I just used the same paper this last weekend and it's so YUMMY! Glad everyone is on the mend! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card. This Tilda is one of my favourites and you have used her beautifully.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMg such a lovely work! wonderful hugs nicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, OMG! These are so beautiful!! The coloring on your Tilda is amazing and I love the pink and red! But the idea of sweethearts box cover is amazing!! So, so creative! The picture of your son is too cute! I always thought one of those helmuts would be fun too!

    SMiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzanne,
    I would never get tired of Valentine cards as hearts and pinks and red colours are my favourite - as is the Tilda you used!!! What a great card and gift you have made. I always admire your colouring - it is wonderful!!!
    What a fun hat your son has! I have never seen these! He looks like he was having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely adorable! Love your Tilda stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card, so beautifully made as always

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. heeheehee....He looks like a coke head....get it!? I crack myself up! *rolling eyes*
    Anyhoooooo-Such darling projects! fun paper! and love the candy cover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute!! I love them!!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover