Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A La` Creme`!!

Bonjour friends!! Oui, I'm speaking some French for you today, hee hee! I took 4 years of French in high school & can read French fluently, but I don't speak it so well anymore sadly! I know you probably think I've lost my mind (oui, oui) but I had alot of French songs and sayings flying through my head when I was using my yummy new DCWV stack "La Creme"!! And I lovee black and cream together---very french & oh so elegant! So onto my projects for today all with this ooh la la French theme using H&M Stamps and for SUINK's challenge :o)!!

I wanted to make another set of 4x4 notecards because I've had soooo much fun making them last week! This time I made this set for someone special's birthday (can't say, shhhh secret) and made a matching box to put them all in. For this entire set I used H&M Stamp's "Coffee's Brewin'" stamp set, DCWV "La Creme" dp and PTI's vintage cream & black cardstock! And yes the gift recipient is a bigtime Coffee Lover, lol (unlike me, who prefers Cherry Coke) so this stamp set is perfect for you or those friends that are coffee addicts!

This box was made with my Cricut & the "Boxes, Bags & Tags" cartridge. I just gussied it up with some dp and this great sentiment and coffee cup image.

I tell ya, these 4x4 are almost too fun to make, hee hee! I stamped the couch image directly on the dp and the coffee/cup image was stamped onto the black cs using PTI's "vintage cream" palette ink (works beautifully on dark cs). The espresso machine has a nice thick coat of Diamond Glaze on it for shine & dimension!

I stamped out the coffee bag and then the beans again with the PTI palette ink. Both of the coffee cups have Diamond Glaze on top & they're popped with dimensionals! This entire set only took me 1 hour to complete and I had soooo much fun doing it! Hope the gift recipient loves it as much as I do!!


Today is also Whatchadoin' Wednesday Challenge #28 over at the Storage Units, Ink & More blog today! Today's challenge was to make a favor or treat for a wedding/shower or St. Patrick's Day. I used stamps from the "Goin' to the Chapel" set for my Wedding Favors. These could easily be used as favors at a wedding shower or at the wedding reception. I used my Nestabilities Labels 1 to create this fun favor box/bag and matching card! I stamped my images onto my cream cs with black ink and then accented the images with my gold Spica pens for sparkle.

This was made very simply by cutting out 2 labels 1 from my black cs and creating a small base inside of the two and attaching with Scor-tape. I didn't have any pretty wedding candies (LOL) but you get the idea of what you could put inside! I used my slot punch and threaded my cream ribbons and tied off---I added a small gold bow to the front too!

This up close view shows the shimmer from the gold Spica pen and that yummy dp from DCWV is flocked---beautiful!! I intentionally kept these projects fairly simple as far as assembly goes in case they would need to be mass produced. But when you use gorgeous products it looks like you've spent a ton of money$$ and time on them :o) Make sure and visit the SUINK blog to see the rest of the DT's lovely projects today!

Hope you liked my "la creme" projects today! I'll have a few Whiff of Joy projects for you tomorrow using more gorgeous images from the new Spring Collection kit.


hugz,

Suzanne

15 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH that is seriously the most stunning thing i have seen in awhile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG....I love these coffee cards- my favorite colors! I too am making note cards for a gift and am primarily using black papers. This LaCreme is gorgeous and so are your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your coffee note set Suzanne! the color combo is super! and what a fun wedding favor too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very striking set of note cards in black and ivory, and the wedding shower gifts are fabby too! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Suzanne, I think these projects are absolutely stunning! I love, love, love that paper (mine just came yesterday) :) Great job, I love everything about these projects! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new paper. Your projects are awesome. Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous coffee notecards and holder set and the black theme is striking! the Wedding favor is just so perfect and I can see them waiting for the guests at each place setting...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, gorgeous, stylish, classy. VERY pretty and I LOVE 'em!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you want to get rid of this set, I will be happy to take it off your hands!
    If you can't part with it, maybe you would let me copy you... just for me- no selling or gifting-
    Happy Thursday!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome projects. I love the black and white. The cards are Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!! These are amazing!!! I adore the black and white on these two projects. So classy and elegant and the gift sets are amazing! i can't believe the first one only took you an hour! Wow! Simply blown away!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bravo ! cette collection en noir et crème est très jolie !

    ReplyDelete
  13. My jaw is on the floor, Suzanne!!! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover