Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Monochromatic Madness!

Hello Stampin' Friends & Happy Wednesday! Middle of the week already---eekkk--and I have so much left to do & not enuff time to do it all (as usual), LOL! I tell ya this weather we're having is CRAZY--58 yesterday and high 60's today--WOWZER! I'm lovin' it---bummer that spring isn't around the corner though!

Some NewsBitz for ya:
* I am skipping my 100,000 Blog Candy and instead gonna have a ginormous, gigantic Bloga-vers-ary Blowout Extravaganza in late March when my lil' bitty blog turns 1!!!! Sound Good?

*In case you haven't heard (where ya been,lol) but Elisabeth Bell announced what 4 stores she will be making illustrations/stamps for yesterday and one of them is Susana's Custom Art & Card Design---WAHOOOOOOO! So Susana will have exclusive stamps that noone else will get--how stinkin' cool is that!!! Elisabeth will also continue her illustration/stamps for Whiff of Joy too so don't worry!! Lots of EBell stamps for everyone!!! Can't wait....

*Speaking of Whiff of Joy---Katharina has sneak peeks of the new Medieval Stamps by Alison Acton on her blog and the opportunity to win them all, so hurry over and enter! The new stamps will be available to buy on Feb.14th--sweet Valentine's present for yourself! Mine will be here sometime this week (yay) and I'll have some projects up for you to see!
************************************************************


(you can click on the pictures to make larger)

Today is Whatchadoin' Wednesday Challenge #27---and its to make monochromatic cards! I love to do this--such a pretty look me thinks! I decided to make some fun 4x4 cards using a bunch of different SUINK stamp sets! I made these with Valentine's Day in mind but actually these 2 cards can be used for lots of occasions! The cs, dp & ribbon is from PTI (makes monochromatic easy when you use products from the same company). The cupcake card uses 2 stamps from the "Sweet Things" set--I put a Bella Bauble (merlot) on top of the cupcake on on the bottom of card---simple embellies! The heart card was fun to make using the "Will You Be My Valentine" set--I took the heart image and stamped around the circle 4 x using the matching PTI inks (plum pudding & lavender moon) and added stickles to them. The "hugs" sentiment I attached with dimensionals after punching out w/ my SU word punch.

Well, I was just gonna make 2 cards but I was having so much fun that I decided to make 2 more--hee hee! This time for St. Patrick's Day obviously, using the new SUINK set "Blarney Stone". All the dp, cs, inks and ribbon are from PTI again (gosh I love their stuff & they're coming out with bags of buttons that match all their colors for $5--sigh, can't wait)! I colored the lil' leprachaun with Copics and then used my gold Spica pen to color the gold accents and ground! The second card uses the same technique as the heart card above--I just stamped 2 of the shamrocks around my circle and then popped the sentiment up on top! Easy, peasy fun cards to make!

Make sure and stop by the SUINK blog to see the rest of the DT's fabby projects too!

hugz,
Suzanne

8 comments:

  1. I love the monochrome look and often find myself painting along these lines! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great but I love the purple ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all the great news and ooooooh I likey the cards!!! They all look GREAT! Esp. the purple ones as that's my faaavourite color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just amazing!! You always blow me away with your talent! The purple cards are so gorgeous and the greens on the Irish cards are amazing!!! I just love all the accessories you used as well!

    Smiles,
    janna

    ReplyDelete
  5. More beautiful cards from Suzanne! I really like the monochromatic look. I've been afraid of using too much of one color, but after seeing these beauties, I think I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These came out wonderfully. GGreat job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover