Saturday, April 18, 2009

Peaceful Summer Dreamin'!!!

Hello & Happy Saturday everyone! Hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start. It's supposed to be 80 here today---wahoooo! But rain again tomorrow thru Wednesday--blech! I'm tired of all the rain :o( We're planting our veggie garden today--hope the rain doesn't wash it away, LOL--I'm looking forward to some fresh veggies soon, YUM! Just one card to share with you today & some exciting news....

This card makes me dream of summers just sitting in the sun & reading a great book with no worries, YKWIM! Just looking at it makes me feel peaceful! This image is "Adirondack Chair" by Karen Lockhart & I adore it. I made this card for this week's SCS "Ways to Use It Challenge" which was to create or use a frame on your project. I created a multi-layered frame with cs--the glossy cs was scored using my scor-pal and then I cut away the center and popped it up over my image with dimensional foam tape. Doesn't it look like a glass frame--so pretty!

The dp is by Little Yellow Bicycle and the image was colored with my Copics and then some Angel Wingz Shimmerz on top. I used some yellow Liquid Pearls on the flower centers for some additional dimension! The sentiment is from PTI's "Mega Mixed Messages" set--love that set!

In some other exciting news--the Gina K visited my blog yesterday and I'm still floating on cloud 9, hee hee! Her stamps were the first stamps I ever bought outside of SU stamps over a year ago & I still adore them (just don't have as much time to use them right now, sigh...)! She's a wonderful, super-talented & generous lady--I really admire her! Well, she put me on her blog roll under "Phenomenal Copic Artists" along with copic guru Marianne--can you believe it! I can't--hee hee--just a gal here who loves to color :o) But I was so excited, I just needed to share with all of you!!

BTW, my two new Copic videos are up on my sidebar showing techniques for coloring black & white images/objects if you're interested!!

Have a great weekend & see ya back here on Monday!!

hugz,
Suzanne

15 comments:

  1. OMG - I LOVE this card!! Such a clean design and the colors just say "Summer" to me. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love that design paper and that image is gorgeous.
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frame fooled me for a few! That is one fresh and elegant card :o)
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can feel the palm breezes blowing with this card! :) What a FABULOUS image and you did an amazing job with it! I clearly understand why Gina put you in that category...most appropriate! In fact I bookmarked all your videos on copic coloring on my phone so I could play as I practice...your dog really played tricks on my cat! LOL I am one to agree that starting with your darker colors makes it so much easier to blend your lighter shades! AWESOME discovery! THANKS!
    Sorry for my long windedness...just had to tell ya! ;)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne,
    I just discovered your blog and I am amazed at your talent. Your Copic Video Tutorials are the best. I have learned so much from them. I, too, love to color but don't have the time do it too often.
    Congrats on making Gina K's blog roll. That's amazing but your deserve it. I will come back on a regular basis.

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so soft and charming Suzanne!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful!! It's so calm and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Card! Congrats...Gina is right!!!!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  9. That frame is really cool - I love the little pearls in the corners!! Beautiful!! I'd have to agree with Gina...you are a Copic Goddess! ;) That's really cool that she linked you up on her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love this image and the soft colors. And, you are a marvel when it comes to Copics - love your tutorials!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful card Suzanne and fabulous Tutorials as ever hugs Toni

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanna be hanging out on your card today!! :-) Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hiya Suzanne, love your card such a beautiful colour, wish i could just sit in that chair.. if only..
    well done on being on gina k's phenomenal copic artists. blog roll. wow way to go.. but am i really suprised... no! cause you are awesome at what you do.. well done hun. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card! Love the scoring and the pearls. Congrats on being added to Gina's blog too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Beautiful card and blog. These colors are so beautiful - I love this serene beach scene.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover