Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Lil' of This, A Lil' of That!!

Happy Wednesday to ya Friends!! Hope you're having a fabby week so far, only a couple more days until the weekend! I've been diligently working out and have cut my coke consumption back to just a 1/2 cup a day (might explain my irritability & grumpiness, hee hee)! I guess if EVERYTHING on my body hurts, it means my workouts are burning lotsa fat cells dontcha' think?? LOL--that's what I keep tellin' myself during my workouts, "think of all that fat meltin' away, hee hee!!"! Been lifting weights & running sprints and speed walking 2.5 miles everyday & lots of crunches worked in too---owweeeeee!! Anywho, movin on as my painful body ambles on today, hee hee.............


First card up today is a Father's Day fishing card I made using a fabulous new set "Just For Dad" by H&M Stamps. You can mix and match the stamps in this set to make dad a fisher or a hunter--very cool! I'm not a big fan of hunting (don't disapprove, just not my thing) so I decided to make my "dad" a fishin' one, hee hee! I cut the fish out & popped them up with dimensionals & also stamped the fishies onto shrinky dink sheets and made a charm to match! The fun dp is from DCWV's "the Green Stack"--perfect for guy stuff! I wrapped some Scrapper's Floss around the dp and tied off with my tag.

The fish have a coat of mint Shimmerz on them, his boots have diamond glaze & those are Goldilocks Bella Baubles (love the metallic look--remind me of nailheads). If you're in need of a Father's Day card this one is for sale in my Etsy shop (cuz' I already made my dad's):o)

This is just a cute-fun card I made for a friend using one of my many Precious Moments stamps! I went on a buying spree on EBay last year and bought so many of these stamps that you don't even wanna know how much I spent--egads! Isn't she a cutie w/ her lil' doggie friend--love it! I really let the yummy dp (urban prairie by BG) be the main embellishment along w/ this beautiful Prima "dandy" and some Spellbinders swirls (15% off right now). The sentiment is a new Lockhart stamp!

Make sure and stop by Susana's store blog to enter for some yumm-o-licious blog candy. Only 2 more days to enter!!

Have a fabulous Day!
hugz,
Suzanne


6 comments:

  1. Too sweet! Love the dad card and fishing is so appropriate! Love the scrapper's floss on the tag. And that Precious Moments is too adorable! Love how you used the paper and let it work. Just too cute!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the fish charm! Too creative! And the Shimmerz on the fish is the perfect touch. The Precious Moments card is adorable - DP is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dad card. My dad doesn't fish anymore these days so I have to figure out how to make a card for an armchair golfer.LOL

    Hugs
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Father's Day card is just too fun. Love all the bling you added to really give it a pop!!! And that friends card......OMG...I am in love!! That is just one of the cutest things every but I don't think mine would turn out that cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that precious moments card!! Soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful cards. That Father's day card is great & I am so coveting your precious moments stamps. I will have to investigate...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover