Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fresh & Fun!!

Hi and Happy TGIF!! Hope you had a great week & have a wonderful weekend ahead of ya!! I have to just a bit of reflecting today on lives that have been lost this week--with both Michael Jackson & Farrah Fawcett passing on it's made me both reflective & melancholy! Both icons of my youth (for those in our 30's & 40's) especially Michael Jackson. I can relate so many of my life moments to his albums, songs & videos. And yes he did look strange & act weird but I loved his music & always felt a little sad for him--a lonely & sad man it seems in private but so very talented in public! I remember getting his Thriller album in 5th grade & playing it over & over again--I still love to listen to his music on my Ipod, especially "Billie Jean" which has always been my favorite. Very sad indeed & I feel for his children & his family today. And Farrah fought the brave fight against a terrible disease that affects more and more people these days--you can't live your life in this world w/o knowing someone with cancer. She's in a peaceful place now and painfree---so many lives lost everyday I know, but these 2 really affected me for some reason--guess I'm feeling old! Anywho, you don't want to listen to my melancholy rambling....so I've got a fresh & fun project for ya!!

I made 4 of these fun notecards in under 30 minutes--it's a record for me I tell ya! I just love these notecard and how fresh looking they are. I used PTI's cs in Poppy Red & New Leaf and cut the card base out with my Nestabilities Labels 1--such a fun shape for notecards! The lovely image is a Lockhart Stamp Co. stamp "Geraniums" & perfect to add flower soft too--they were made for each other I tell ya! I colored with Copics & then added red flower soft on top! The white polka dots are from PTI's "Polka Dot Basics" set stamped in Palette Ink in Fresh Snow! Hope you like 'em & give them a try for yourself--if not this set is for sale in my Etsy shop on sidebar (they will not be shipped until July 6th due to my vacation)!

hugz,

Suzanne

13 comments:

  1. This card says summer! I love how you have done these cards. How creative. Love your blog!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne,

    I just love your note cards..they are adorable..wonderful job.
    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the note cards you put together, the flower soft really adds that "wow factor" to them:-) love the colors
    XmicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute note cards and they do look like they would be quick and easy. Love them and the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, wonderful note cards. I like the colour scheme and the Nesties shape. I don't think I've ever made anything in 30 minutes. Wow.

    Hugs.
    Norma xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards these are always good to have handy, I need these nesties shapes

    ReplyDelete
  7. These notecards are so darling. I love how you used the nesties shape for the actual front of the card. I wonder if I'm smart enough to figure out how you can do that while keeping the fold of the card intact.

    I hope your vacation is treating you well. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done....enjoy your vacation and get plenty of R&R!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  9. The note cards are just adorable, Suzanne.....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great note cards. couldn't believe they took you less than 30 minutes. They will probably take me 3 hours. lol
    Love the flower soft on it which makes the flower really stand out. Very pretty!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love his music too and i was a little sad, so young! Your note cards are great and in a short time. love Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL AS ALWAYS!!! Love the look of the flower soft!!
    Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Suzanne!! I have been loving these lockhart stamps since you have been using them and still have not given in... I am thinking that you are going to make me spend some money this week...lol!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover