Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Red Rosey Beauties!!

Happy Hump Day friends!! Hope you're having a fabulous week so far! I'm off to lunch with a friend today w/o the kiddoes so it's a nice break away from work & home for me today! Then I've got lots to do when I get home of course, hee hee--never really get a break do we? LOL Well I've got a couple of projects to share with you today, so I'll keep my chatter short here for ya!

**Don't forget to stop by Susana's Store Blog "Follow Your Heart" to enter for that yummy Elisabeth Bell BLOG CANDY--it's fabulous!!

So today is the 15th which means another challenge for the Copic Creations Challenge Blog--this week our challenge was "botanicals/floral" images! This week's sponsor is the fabulous "Flourishes" and they so generously provided each of the DT members with a fabulous stamp set to use. My wonderful stamp set was "I Love Roses" and the set includes these luscious rose images & beautiful sentiments.

For my roses I used Copic Colors "R89,R29,R27,R24,R22, R20" and then I cut them out & added them to my card with dimensionals. I love the stark contrast of an all black & white card with a great pop of red---so elegant! The dp & cs are both from PTI; the sentiment was embossed in black for extra shine and I stickled the edges of the roses for some more shimmer!

Make sure and stop by the Copic Creations Challenge Blog to see the rest of the DT's fabulous projects & to join in too---a fabulous prize is up for grabs from Flourishes!

Second project uses a fabulous Whiff of Joy stamp from the Summer Kit Collection "Shy Willow". The dp is by My Mind's Eye and I love the brocade & colors of it--right up my alley, hee hee! I used the new Spellbinder's "Kaleidoscope" Pendant die for my card--I actually cut it in half & adhered half to the top/bottom of the card. I added some Kaiser pearls to it and the sentiment is from PTI's "Mega Mixed Messages". And of course some fabulous diamond stickles were added to her dress & I applied Shimmerz Spritz in "baby's breath" to the entire card! The Whiff of Joy "Fall Kit" will be available for pre-order HERE on Friday!!

Alrighty, I'm outta here for the day! Don't forget to stop back by tomorrow for the SCACD Blog Hop featuring all the new Elisabeth Bell for SCACD stamps that come out this Friday!


hugz,

Suzanne

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Suzanne, lov ethe images and your beautiful colouring and lo's. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are just beautiful. I so enjoy the Whiff of Joy stamps. I'm new to Copics and haven't tried coloring a WOJ image yet, but hope to get there soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow is right!!! Both of these are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are just beautiful.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful cards you made again!♥♥♥

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous work Suzanne!! When I grow up I want my coloring to look like yours! :) Love the elegance of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are so beatuiful, Suzanne!! Especially those roses...Wow...just stunning!! {sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Roses!! Love the B&W with the red!! Stunning!! And your WOJ card is just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne, you have done a wonderful job of coloring the roses from I love Roses. You are very talented, your coloring enviable! Thanks for the beautiful showcase of Flourishes,llc.

    Jan Marie
    Flourishes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous Suzanne! You really knocked this one out of the park! I think I need to order this set! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover