Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's Black & Blue All Over!!

Happy Middle of the Week my Friends!  Ack--only 1 day until I leave and I have sooo much left to get done that I'm getting super-stressed.  Today I'm trying to finish up a few projects for next week for when I'm gone and gotta run & get my hair cut today too, catch up on laundry, and pack still!  Eeekk, how did this week fly by so fast already.  And just my luck I have a NASTY head cold that is NOT going away and is slowing me down big time AND it's supposed to snow on Friday.  Could my luck be any better?  NOT!  I hate flying and now I'm just praying the weather is ok and our flight (I'm flyin' with my pal Marti) is not delayed--cuz' then I will freak!  I've got my Dramamine all ready to put me to sleep though, LOL!

If anyone is going out to CHA and wants to see me (who me? LOL), I will be at the SuperShow on Saturday, working in the Scor-Pal booth all day Monday and all around the CHA floor the other days :o)

***********************************


NewsBitz:

-Tomorrow is a Fab BLOG HOP put on by Mo's Digital Pencil Dream Team---it's all about "Treats!" so you don't want to miss it and a fab new image by Mo as well we'll be using!

-Also tomorrow is another great RELEASE from Pink Cat Studio Digi Store!  They are robot-ically fabulous I tell ya!  So there will be 2 posts tomorrow, so don't miss them both!

**********************************
What's Black & Blue?


Okay, I was so sick of using pink & red the past couple of weeks I had to pull out some black to offset all that sweetness, LOL!  (although tomorrow I will have more pink, LOL)  I pulled out one of my all-time favorite Lockhart Stamps called "Sweet Peas", my Anna Griffin Toile paper and some pretty aqua cs.  This card matches my craft room, hee hee, so it makes me HAPPY!  The aqua cs was punched with a Fiskars Border Punch which I lovee!


The image was colored with Copics (BG32,BG11,E43,E41,G24,YG67) and cut out with my circle nestabilities.  To add more texture there are black & clear stickles on the flowers, diamond glaze on the vase and I used a CB folder "Textile Texture" for the Nestabilities Labels 9 cut out.  Lots of texture can make a simple card really POP!  Hope you like it!

See ya back here tomorrow!!

16 comments:

  1. What a simple, yet lovely card, Suzanne.

    Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. We're getting rain out here, but it should clear up for the weekend...
    I'm going on Friday so I'll miss you.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne,
    Your card is simple yet very elegant. Love the color combination. I hope you have a lot of fun at the CHA and I hope that you feel better so you can enjoy yourself! Was very glad to here that your daughter is doing good! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, I love the colours and the papers such a stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne...I love the texture and colors of this card. I hope you have a great time at CHA next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne,

    I pop by your blog regularly as your cards are just fantastic! I love this one you have made as it's using my favourite colour, same colour as my bedroom and about half the clothes in my wardrobe! lol Hope your cold goes away soon. Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a beautiful and very elegant card. You always make even the simplest of cards look magnificent.
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  7. great colors for a studio and this card is lovely. So glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne, I hope that your cold gets better soon so you can have an even better time at CHA. I soooo wish that I was going. I would love to be able to me you in person. Also I have been wanting to get a scor-pal and that would have been awesome to talk one on one with you about it. I will pray for no snow for you guys, so that you can have a safe trip to sunny CA...lol... Take a deep breath, and have a wonderful day, Lisa Oh, I am soo sorry, Your card is just so elegant, and I love the color combo. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty. You sound like my dd. Her red shoes, her dress, her this, her that make her SO HAPPY. lol. Your card would make anyone happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Suzanne! I think these colors are WONDERFUL! Have fun at CHA and please give Susana a great big hug from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always amazed at the talent of card makers. Colors and design are remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne,
    Your card is classic and lovely.
    Take good care of that cold so it doesn't get worse! Sounds like you have WAY TOO MUCH on your plate.
    I hope you are well enough to enjoy the whole of CHA. Have a safe and uneventful flight :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love the simplicity of it. Sorry to hear you are under the weather again - I still have a touch of my cold/cough too. My friend who is a flight attendant swears by Emergen-C (it's a powder you mix with water) It has tons of Vit C and other immune boosting stuff in it. Be safe flying. I used to hate flying myself and would always knock myself out with Dramamine too, but one day I made peace with it (b/c I felt like I was going to be sick the whole flight and before). I think I just prayed to not be nervous and I now I am much better at flying. I feel like I am flying with an 'extra' set of wings guiding the plane safely - KWIM? Have a wonderful time and feel better soon! ~Tori

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just so elegant!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the aqua & black, Suzanne. It is a nice retreat from the pink (but I love the pinks too).
    Sorry to hear that you've got a nasty head cold. Prayers that your flight is smooth & uneventful!
    You'll enjoy great weather here in so. Cal. this weekend (not suppose to rain...YAY). I wish I was going to CHA but alas.......not to be this year. I would love to meet you......maybe next time.
    Have fun!!!!
    Happy Huggies ~
    Sharron ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab card...the colors aqua, black and white...GREAT! I will be looking for that punch also! Have a great trip to CHA Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover