Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bzzzz...Buzzzy!!

Hi all my wonderful crafty friends!  Thank you all so much for your input and comments about my "top secret project" that I'm putting together with my friend Marti!  It's exciting to get it started, but stressful and nerve-wracking at the same time, LOL!  I have been disappointed with alot of the crafting magazines out there and have been wanting to do this for awhile and Marti agreed :o)  We will start off small for the first year, but after that who knows where we can go! Sky's the limit!  I'm a buzzzzy girl I tell ya!


Some more info for ya to get ya excited about the new publication AND On-Line Copic Classes:

-You will be able to purchase a subscription in pdf format only or a paper AND pdf subscription.  The cost will be $20 and under for a year (not firm on pricing yet) with special intro pricing.  The first issue will go live April 1st and there after be May/June, July/Aug, etc plus a special Winter Holiday edition.  So you have an option to recieve it online and print it yourself OR you can get the glossy mag mailed to you AND have access to it as a pdf file (pricing will differ of course for both options).  And with both you have access to the special website!  (INTERNATIONAL Customers--pdf file subscription offered only right now)

-It will feature EVERYTHING!  Reader input is important to us!  We will have guests who specialize in different craft areas in one section (our main focus is paper crafting though), we will feature craft rooms, there will be techniques & tutorials galore (w/ videos to match them on the website to further the teaching experience), we will feature ALL stamp/digi companies, ALL craft products and tools, and lots of photos.  There will NOT be a bias on what we use---we want you to know about everything out there that there is to know!  We will feature all readers and their abilities!  We will not have a DT, because we want different people doing their thing for each edition, so there will be great variety but we will ask for submissions and ideas.  Cricut, Slice, Big Shot, Cuttlebug projects will be featured, Copics, Prismas and watercoloring will be featured and most of all it will be FUN!  And yeah, there will be contests too :o)

-And my Online Copic Classes are SOON COMING!  I have the site set up and am working on the "meat" of the classes right now.  Tentative date to open is March 15th!  There will be 4 classes you can sign up for---Basics Beginner 1, Beginner/Intermediate Level 2, Advanced Level 3, and a Copic Fun Class!  There will be ALOT of focused instruction, class assignments with input from me to help you along the way and LIVE CHAT with me to answer your questions every week!  Supply lists are available with each class description as well!

-Each class will have special pdf files that match up with each video chapter I do, so you have a printable page for each section of the class at your fingertips!

-There will be a TON of videos for each class, more specialized & focused on sections of an image and/or the technique.  Each part of the class will be broken up into different videos so you can watch a section over & over w/o having to forward it thru parts you might not need to review again.  You will have continual access to your class for as long as you need---there is no end date, so you can take your time or go as fast as you like :o)

-These are not Certification Classes---unless you want to work for Copic you do NOT need to be certified!  If you take all 4 classes you will know ALL there is to know about Copics and you will be able to color like a PRO!  I do not leave anything untouched, I will cover everything you want to know and more!  Are you ready? Are you interested?

Whewwwww....enuff info for ya?  LOL!

****************************************
Buzz Worthy Release from Pink Cat Studio


Today Pink Cat Studio has a double release--both digi and rubber stamps for ya and you can access them all HERE!  I love the lil' fairy girls that Melissa has designed (there is a bee, a butterfly, & a ladybug fairy)!  I chose to use "Lily Bee" for my projects today.  And of course I had to use the black, white and yellow theme!  The papers I used are from  and the cs and polka-dots are from PTI.  I created a fun card and matching boxy/bag favor.

"Lily Bee" is colored with Copics (of course) and I used Y15,Y13,Y11,Y00/C7,C5,C3,C1 for her.  Her wings, flower wand, headband and antennae have diamond glaze on them and some stickles on her ruffles.  I used some of my fave Nestie shapes (ovals, scalloped ovals and Labels 1) to create my layers.  The bee charm got some yellow stripes painted on it with my Smooch paint and the bow was created with my Bow Easy.  Isn't she a cutie-patootie!

This boxy bag is called a 2-5-7-10 Box and you can find the instructions for this HERE (created by the fab Jenn Balcer).  It's super easy to make and can hold so many nice lil' gifts!  I used the same papers, added some trims with my MS border punches and used my ribbon to tie shut.

Now make sure and hop over to the Pink Cat Studio Blog HERE to see all the dt projects for more inspiration!

These are all available as rubber AND digi stamps!

****************************************
Daisy Love

Since I had my papers out I figured I'd make another project because I love this color scheme--so fresh & fun!  This time I used a Lockhart Stamp called "Cupcake Daisy" which I colored with Copics.  I also added some Polar White Flower Soft to the image for texture and then stickles on the cupcake paper.  I traced a circle around the image with my black Spica pen and then added white pearls around it to bling it up a bit :o)

The white cs got the CB embossing treatment with my "swiss dots" folder and that fabulous bow was made with my Bow Easy!

Alrighty I'm outta here but I'll see ya back here tomorrow!

54 comments:

  1. Oh Suzanne these are fabulous - I just adore the lovely Spring colours. I am interested in your online classes, they sound great!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your coloring Suzanne absolutely gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly what I have been looking for, online Copic classes. I'll be there when those start. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzanne I do not know how you have time to do everything that you do but I am so glad that you do! I will be signing up for both your magazine and your classes! Can't wait!
    Your cards are beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. O MY GOODNESS...online Cooic classes just what I need..O i'm buzzing with excitement!! i cant wait!! Love those new stamps too..way too cute!!
    hugs
    leonie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! I'm busting at the seams. Sign me up for EVERYTHING. It all sounds so amazing. You must be sooo busy and I can't wait to get busy with you. What fun. Thanks so much!

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew, girl, you wear me out!! The magazine and classes sound awesome and I wish you the best of luck with everything. The yellow and black items featured today are just adorable, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all sounds fantastic! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the news, projects, videos you are going to ware youself out but I love it all. Sign me up for everything too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love magazines! I suscribe to my favs and I would definitely subscribe to yours. Can't wait to see the first issue. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah!! I can't wait to see the first issue. How very exciting for you. I will be following those copic classes too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU ARE GREAT! I'll be like a kid at Christmas, I can't wait to see the online classes. I am super excited about that. I just can't get my copic coloring the way I want. I can't wait for it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU ARE GREAT! I'll be like a kid at Christmas, I can't wait to see the online classes. I am super excited about that. I just can't get my copic coloring the way I want. I can't wait for it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just stumbled on your blog today...hopping from Silli's blog to another to here. Wow, I'm blown away by your talent and am so excited about your magazine adventure. Count me in! Shoot, I could probably come pick it up since we live in Springfield...such a small world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So exciting!! I am loving the idea and am all for it. I want to sign up for the online copic class so keep me in mind. This is wonderful & I can't wait. I am with you on the magazines out there. This is super.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am soooo excited! I can not wait for your magazine or for the online Copic classes. Thus far I am self tought. But I soooo want to learn more! Your project today are devine as always. Great work. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep working ,great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! These are gorgeous!
    Pretty images and papers.
    I love the colours and your colouring is stunning.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzanne, I love the colour combo, your creations are beautiful.
    Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzanne,
    Can't wait for the publication (hard & pdf copy) and the copic classes! I do not subscribe to any stamping publications - but can't wait to get yours! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just what I have been looking for, online Copic classes. I watch you on you tube, you have the best information! Can't wait for your classes to start!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what bold colors! I love the yellow and black. . very stunning. Your cards and projects are always so gorgeous! I'm diggin' that big bow on your second card. Very pretty!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am very interested in the online Copic classes

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm very excited to hear about your online Copic classes. The magazine sounds fab too. Love your cupcake card today.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These projects ar just wonderful! Count me in for the online classes. Sounds great1 hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can't wait for it all to start. Copic classes, that sounds terrific and you get to see them over and over again. Absolutely fantastic.

    Black, yellow and white are one of my favorite creations. Have one of yours sitting on my desk ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these spring cards. The black, yellow and white colors are very fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am SO loving what you did with the bee image!! Good luck with your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Online copic class?? Where can i sign up?
    Hugz Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Suzanne...I will definitely sign up for the magazine. I would looove to sign up for your Copic class. Your bright and cheery cards are just we need right now and the look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Suzanne, I am definitely interested in your Copic on-line class. I have wished to take a class with you for a while. I have watched your video's over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Suzanne: Very interested in Copic classes and the mag subscription!!! Something to look forward to!!!
    themom1247@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Please give more details on those clases...When can we sign up? Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This all sounds so exciting! Both the magazine and the classes. Can't wait to find out more and get started!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sign me up for all the copic classes. I missed my certification class last Sunday due to another snow storm here and in KC. I'd like the PDF magazine. I'm one of those "I want it now" people...lol I'm so excited for you and can't wait for the magazine. BTW - great card and bag!!!
    "Hugs" Granny

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your are right - those colors are just gorgeous together! Looking forward to those on-line classes! I could meet my goal for 2010 - be able to color correctly with copics!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your cards and little gift bag are adorable and I'm all in for the classes...I just got some Copics and they are a little intimidating at first.

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lots of news from you today! And exciting it is. You are a busy little bee. The projects are wonderful as usual. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am excited about the magazine and I want to take all the classes...yeah..this is perfect for me cause I can't travel and now I can take your class and stay here at home.... thank you, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I wonder why my comment that I wrote at work is not showing????? Anyway, YES, YES, YES sign me up for the magazine and Copic classes! I refer to your videos oh so many times for information. Why not have a hard copy or 2 and I think your magazine will be a great success. Your thoughts seem so ready to explode in excitement for this new beginning! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is totally awesome....and I can't hardly wait.....I love your online classes......and will be there for sure.....thank you for all your hard work......

    ReplyDelete
  44. Did I doze off and miss where you sign up for the Copic classes??
    Sure don't want to miss those.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Oh Yeah!!! Where do I sign up for the copic classes?? Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am so excited for both your copic classes and magazine. What a fabulous idea!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is a beautiful ensemble, Suzanne! So nice to see a coordinated set and makes for a great gift! Your day must have more than 24 hours at the rate you are going with your new project planning, daily postings with lovely projects, tutorials, etc., etc., etc. I don't know how you do it, but thank you for sharing your talent! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  48. Suzanne,
    What an exciting post today. First, I love those cards. I saw that new fairy this morning and fell in love. Regarding your magazine: although it is nice to have a paper copy, I find most magazines far too expensive. A PDF subscription would suit me just fine. Last: are you running your classes here on your website, or elsewhere. I am just finishing up Colleen Schaan's class at MCC. The next level classes sound super. Thanks,
    Diane M aka detour3atmsndotcom

    ReplyDelete
  49. Suzanne, I am so excited about the mag and the online Copic classes. Can't wait to do both. Also, I am curious, how do you attach your bows after making the bow with the Bow Easy?

    Thanks so much.
    Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  50. Can't wait for the magazine and the online Copic classes! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Two gorgeous cards, Suzanne!!
    I will be buying your glossy magazine AND am sure interested in your Copic Classes. I AM Copic Certified, but didn't learn a thing about colouring at my class :o( Just been doing my own thing - these both are very exciting adventures to look forward to.
    Hugs and Good Luck with both - Candy

    ReplyDelete
  52. OMG Suzanne what a busy bee you are! I'd love to do some online classes and the magazine sounds great too!
    Wow I love the cards you've made ... did I say WOW yet!?!

    Greetz,
    Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow, I'm excited too can't hardly wait.

    Love the colors of the cards, I used these in my craft room loving known as "the Woman Cave". This color scheme is so energizing for creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Suzanne, I love black and white with an accent of color and these cards and package are such a bright touch of spring with the yellow accent color. Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover