Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow Day!!

Happy Snowy Friday everyone! "Snow, Snow Go Away--never come another Day!!"--LOL!  Well we're in the major snow belt today and expected to get upwards of 30+ inches--can you see I'm sooo thrilled--NOT!  I am ready to jump on a plane I tell ya & head south!  And get this, my hubby says to me last night "let's leave in the morning for a ski resort so we can be snowed in?"....ummmm...ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDIN' ME was my not so quiet response! LOL--I mean really, if I'm going anywhere it will be to a VERY WARM island and I'm not comin' back until Spring arrives! :o)  He enjoys the cold obviously, while I can not tolerate it at all any more--blech, blech, blech!  But I braved Wegman's last nite at 10 pm to miss some of the crazies that come out and snatch up all the food, hee hee---I wanted to make sure I had all my supplies for Super Bowl Sunday ya know.  Chili, cheese dips, tortillas, stuff to make guacomole, pizza supplies, etc!  You watching the Super Bowl?  I'll be rooting for the Saints "GO SAINTS", but I'll be working all day on projects as well!  They called off school today and hubby is working from home, so I'm sure come Monday I will be literally pulling my hair out, LOL!  Doesn't the school board know that to keep myself SANE, I NEED the kids to be in school everyday--ack!!  Lordy help me please..................hee hee!
And since I might as well join in on the wintry weather, I've got a wintry post for ya today!


NewsBitz:

-7 Kids College Fund has the Brand New Penny Black stamps in stock at the store HERE!  They are Ca-Ute--the new bears are my fave though :o)

-Want a chance at a Guest Designer Spot for Mo's Digital Pencil alongside the Dream Team?  You can find all the details HERE!  Hope you'll try out!!

-I'm also in love with Couture Cardstock (insert swooning here)! I discovered them at CHA and love, love, love all their pretty cs colors, variety of textures and prices.  They also make a great white cs that is great for Copics that I'm learning right now to use called "One Sheet Wonder"--it's pretty darn good so far I tell ya!  You can visit them HERE (I just got my 50 lbs of paper the other day & I LOVE it...shhhh don't tell hubby, lol).  And if you want to replace your SU "riding hood red" that I'm almost out of, well Dervish & Rudolph are pretty darn good matches (and yes I got some of each ;o) )!!

********************************
Winter Friends


I've had some of these cutie pie CC Designs stamps from 7 Kids on my desk for awhile and finally got to put one to good use!  I used some soft new papers and cs from PTI to create a wintry shabby chic card for ya!  This sweet Swiss Pixie is called "Nora" and you can find all of these cuties HERE!  I tattered up some newsprint paper (K&Co) and distressed all the papers with my Tonic Distress Tool and then used Distress Inks (I use Old Paper and & Vintage Paper) to ink the edges up.  I punched some snowflakes out, inked them and added some MS Snow Glitter.  The ticket is from a Hero Art stamp set HERE that I love to use---the inside sentiment is from a PTI set (forgot which one, sorry).

I colored her with Copics (BG11,BG10,V12,V00) and added some stickles to her wings and some MS Snow Glitter to the snowflakes floating around her and at her feet!  I just love her and hope you do too!

See ya back here tomorrow!

21 comments:

  1. Oh super cute, Suzanne!!! I love me some Swiss Pixies and your colours and colouring are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you are still making snowy cards - thought you'd be sick of it with all the snow you keep getting! The card is adorable and I love the colors you used. Wish I could take some of your snow because I love it. We are getting icky rain here in southern Indiana. Oh, yeah, by the way - GO COLTS! Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat card. Love the colors and what a cute idea to use an old newspaper. Great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a gorgeous card. She's adorable and I absolutely love how you colored her.
    I'm SO sorry you're getting so much snow. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches in St. Louis today and I did the same thing as you yesterday...went to the grocery store to get Super Bowl snacks! :) So sorry the kids and hubby are going to be home today.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING winter card Suzanne! Your coloring on the little girl is adorable and your layout is fab! Didn't get to see Couture CS but I heard it was FAB! You'll have to let me know what you think about their white CS for coloring-heard some buzz about it, for sure! All good stuff! I hope you don't get snowed in! It' raining and uggy here today in TN, too :( Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne, Gorgeous card, love the colours and beautiful papers, and such a sweet image. Sending rays of Aussie sunshine. Have a good weekend. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nora looks like a little angel walking in the snow. Love the colors...so soft. OMG...she reminds me of Laura from the movie Doctor Zhivago. along time fav of mine. Who doesn't like a really fabulous love story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne! Wow! What a cute image and awesome color combination. Just love the blue and purple together - have to try that! Wonderful card! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely darling Suzanne!! LOVE your sketch with your beautifully colored image!! Charming!!

    Loved seeing ya again at CHA too!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolute beautiful! Your card is so cute and great. Lovely colours.
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never leave comments, but I just had to on this one. It is so cute and I really think it looks just like you. Very adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne,

    Another fabulous card! She is adorable and I LOVE LOVE the colors you chose. I also like to a add a bit of Glitter or Stickles to any of my "Angelic" stamps! .

    The SNOW! YUK! I could NOT agree more. I think your DH is "crazy"!! Enough already with WINTER! I'm VERY ready for Spring and do NOT want another bit of SNOW or COLD. I'm all for a nice WARM SUNNY beach ! A girl has to dream!!

    Hoping the snow goes out to sea before it makes it up to me...

    The only good thing is that WE can craft ALL weekend! :)

    Enjoy !
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness...is there a style you CAN'T do?! You mastered this distressed card!!
    So sorry to hear about your snow. I hate to say that I would welcome a little bit of your cold weather. It (once again) was in the lower 80's today!! I swear, neither one of us will be happy. But can't there be a middle ground?! I'm just tired of sweating!!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card! I can totally relate with the snow. We aren't getting your 30 inches but we have 9 forecast. I'm hoping I get out tomorrow for Super Bowl supplies or I'm going to have to get pretty creative. LOL! I'm from Indiana so I'm wearing my blue jersey on Sunday; but I have to say if someone has to beat the Colts I'd be happy that it was the Saints. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Cards.. You inspire me so much that I think I bought all your Bundles and can't wait for them to get here...
    I am in South Louisiana So Now Snow here and Don't even Know how Snow feels like..lol
    I Will be watching the Superbowl as well and Of Course Rootin for my home Team the Saints! Can I get a Who Dat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card! TFS. I hope the weather changes for you soon. I was forced to move south 10 years ago and missed the cold and snow for a long time, but now I know I could never move back!

    Melissa M

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card Suzanne,just right for your snow days,have a great day.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. ah ha the cardstock....why didn't you show me??? is this the one you were telling me about that is better for copics? i didn't know you were all about their colors and such too - will it be a good replacement for stampin up??? will check it out......cuz you know, what i need is more paper.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. so beautiful!! Love the gorgeous soft colours and the slightly distressed feel! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cutie pie! I love that image! "Nora" is just adorable & so sweet surrounded by snowflakes & snow (your favorites! LOL).
    I love the soft colors you chose. Very pretty. Love that newspaper print paper too.
    Huggies & hope you get a break from the snow.
    Sharron ♥

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover