Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Neapolitan Yummers!

Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Can you believe that tomorrow is April 1st already?  Wow--March flew by and I'm happy to be done with it to tell you the truth, LOL!  It was a very lonnnngggg month for me!  Spring is coming to VA and I'm soo happy--the trees are blooming, the grass is green & it's supposed to be 80 this week--wahoooo!!

We had a fabulous time in NYC--really, it couldn't have been any better!  It was nice to get away to new scenery and just spend time as a family and really connecting & having fun together. We did some shopping, lots of sight seeing around Central Park, visited the USS Intrepid, climbed to the top of 30 Rockefeller Center (Top of the Rock) & did the NBC Studio tour!  We also spent 2 days in Central Park at the zoo and taking a pedi-cab tour (bike cabs) which was really fun.  One night we saw "South Pacific" on Broadway (oh how I love the theater) and if you go to NYC you have to go to Macy's--it's the largest in the world and they have a floor of shoes (I'm in heaven)!!  A really nice time--the slideshow of our NYC trip is below (if you get this as a subscription you have to come to the blog site to view them)!  We got home around 1 am on Monday morning from NYC, then I had to teach a Copics Class at 11 am which I always enjoy and then hubby, me and Riley went to see Bon Jovi ROCK it out onstage (honestly, one of the greatest concerts I've been too--and I've been to a lot of them)!!  I'll have some Bon Jovi pics for you tomorrow--we had awesome seats--I do love Jon Bon Jovi!!  I remember getting their first album when I was 11--ack--so long ago! LOL!  But we got home at 1 am again & I'm still exhausted (as I type this up at 3 am in the morning)--I need some sleep, hee hee!


NewsBitz:

-Tomorrow is April 1st--which means lots of things happening in CraftLand, hee hee!  I'll have my Magnolia-licious Sketch project for you tomorrow and will start sending out the emails to those of you who have subscribed to the NEW mini-magazine "Through the Craftroom Door"--the paper versions will soon follow in the mail!

-If you're looking to sign up for a subscription to the mini-magazine or want a sneakie-peekie of the first edition you can go to the main site HERE for all of that info!

-If you're interested in Online Copic Classes you can visit my site "Color Me Creative Classroom" HERE to learn more about it all!  I will have the 4th class up very soon along with a few classes taught by friends too!

***********************************************
LOVE YA!


I was so excited when I got home to find that all my NEW My Mind's Eye papers from their LUSH lines had come in the mail--I love the colors and patterns in this line.  For this card I used the brown & pink lines to create my card with a Verve sketch HERE.

This cute lil' girl image is from Elisabeth Bell's line of stamps for SCACD and she's called "I Heart Ya"--isn't she a cutie?!  She's colored with copics (E29,E25,E53, R12,R11,R00) and then I've added some stickles to her shirt and heart for sparkle.  The background was embossed with my CB folder and I used my Bow Easy to make my bow and tied a heart charm to hang below it!  Some chocolate pearls finish it off--just a fun, cute card for someone special!


I'll be back tomorrow with some more fun projects for you!
Here is the slideshow of our NYC trip for you below:



22 comments:

  1. Oh waouh !!
    You card is very very very beautiful !!!
    hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card. I love the colour combo.
    And the foto's from your trip are so awsome.
    Hug's
    Reni

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card!!! The colors you have used are so great. I love it!!!

    Hugs,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what can I say about your card, you do such wonderful work. Just love it. And so glad you had a great time in the city, and thanks for sharing looks like you really enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card it is beautiful and the pictures of NYC are just awesome that is my dream to go there for vacation someday and I think after seeing those pictures the day is getting closer !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. But glad you are back to stamps,copics and blog land.
    Love your card, those papers are to die for. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW absolutely stunning card hun! This is gorgeous! I love the softness of it and can't wait to order some of those Viva pearl pens!! I LOVED watching all of your Viva tutorial videos this past weekend! My mom and i are HOOKED on them!!! :)
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lover your blog and this card is really awesome (i hope i spell this right?) Ik have learned lots from your tutorials and look forward to a new post on your blog.
    Greetz Mo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just lovely, Suzanne, the colors are so perfect!!!

    Thank you for sharing your trip with us, what a beautiful family and beautiful photos to boot!! Looks like you had a fantastic time and much needed rest by those smiles on your faces...... I'm happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, the card is too cute! And WOW love the NYC pics! I went last year for the first time for my birthday and want to go back soon! Where did you guys stay in Times Square? Glad you were able to get away from all of us and relax!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love NYC and I can honestly say I am jealous...I have not been there since the 80's...of course I live in Seattle. (so you know). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you all had a fun time in NYC! I just love your card. That new image is just too cute and those papers are wonderful. (I find myself buying more My Minds' Eye papers lately.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the cards. Glad you enjoyed your trip to NYC. I live an hour away by car - providing there's no terrible traffic jams. Your slideshow just reminds me that I live in a great City!! I live in the suburbs but love NYC. Worked there for 5 years and had alot of great, and some crazy, experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW...this card is ADORABLE! Your coloring just blows my mind! :) I think when I grow up, I want to be able to color just like you! Teehee! This sketch is perfect to show off these fabulous papers!

    Thanks for sharing your awesome photos of NYC and your family...GORGEOUS family BTW! Sooo glad you enjoyed the time away!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is such a sweet shyness to this stamp. Your color combo goes right along with the shyness. soft mostly neutrals. The soft sparkle is such a subtle touch. Wonderful! So glad your are back from your trip, I almost feel like I was along for the ride from the slide show!

    Deebi27

    PS I can't was for the email tomorrow for the NEW Mini Magazine! Yippee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the card...beautiful color combo...I went to NYC last July..for the first time, even tho I was born in NY, but upstate not the city....spent 3 days there and stayed at the Crowne Plaza right in Times Square...awesome time..and yes we ate at the Stardust Diner also...loved it...Didnt get to see as much as I would have liked but enjoyed it all just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card Suzanne. Beautiful new papers.
    It looks like the whole family had a wonderful time in NY. I would love to see it one day *sigh.
    Now it is time for you to get some much needed rest. You have been way to busy and missed way to much sleep.
    Please take care of yourself.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Suzanne. I love this card and the colors that you used. I am so going to have to get this stamp also. She is just delightful. Your coloring is always so stunning. Thanks for sharing you pictures. It looks like you all had such a wonderful time. I think it would be just so exciting to go to New York and to see South Pacific on broadway. WOW! That is my all time favorites.... Have a great day, Lisa G :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just ordered this image and can't wait to get her. Thanks for the inspiration! Great colors. Gina L

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover