Friday, March 12, 2010

Scoot, Scoot-a-Loo!!

Yay and Happy Friday to you my Friends!  Wow, what a crazy 2 weeks it's been and I am DOG-Tired (no offense to my doggies who live quite the high life,lol)!  I always say if I'm gonna be reincarnated I want to come back as a dog that's treated really well. Right now I'm so envious of my dogs, LMBO--sleep, eat, play, get love, eat bone, chase birds, sleep some more!  I'd just like ONE whole day like that (minus the chew bone and chasing birds, hee hee) to recuperate a bit!  And my ghost doggie seems to have reappeared in my craft room!  Yesterday evening I was so tired after working on a ton of projects that I laid my head right down on my craft table for a minute--when I did that all the button containers on my shelf behind me flew off and hit the floor! SCARED THE LIVING BEJESUS outta me I tell ya!  LOL!  And if the ghostie was trying to get me motivated, well....IT WORKED!  I quickly finished up my last project and went downstairs--hubby thinks it was trying to tell me to leave and take a break which could be true too.  So I listened and had some Japanese for dinner (thanx hubby) and sat in my chair and worked on my websites until after 2 am, LOL--that's just the way it is here in the Dean Household right now.  And tomorrow I have a Copic Class with 5 ladies coming so I hope Ghostie doesn't appear--ack--might scare them away!

Anywho, I will announce the winner of the Zutter Distrezz machine and my Hidden Blog Candy tomorrow so stop by cuz' you might be the lucky winner!  And don't forget on Monday I'll be having the Grand Opening of my On-Line Copic Classroom "Color Me Creative"--I'm so nervous and stressed I tell ya.  I hope you like everything that I've done cuz' I've worked really hard to make sure I included everything!!  Also on Monday is a Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop that you don't want to miss!

************************************************
NEW Victoria Case for SCACD---Scooter Girl!!

Today is a special release from Victoria Case for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design--this collection is called "Hearts and Hugs-Spring Collection" and it is SWEET as candy I tell ya!  So many cute lil' girl images to touch your heart and Susana has named them after members of our DT--SWEET!  And the DT is having a fun Blog Hop to showcase all these cuties for you today!  So if you're starting with me then you want to start at the beginning of the BLOG HOP with Aud's Blog HERE!  (If you get lost along the way the entire Blog Hop list is on the store blog HERE)

As you know I'm really into vintage things these days although I don't like to have just one style--I'm too ADD for that :o)!  But I wanted to take a more modern girl image like this cute scooter gal called "Lil' Dianne" and create a vintage look with it!  I've used some of my favorite K&Co papers called "Marcella-Ancestry" and distressed all my edges with my Tonic Distress Tool.  The sentiment is from PTI's "Vintage Picnic" and the scrolls are from a punch that I have and then I added pearls(in blush) to the ends.  And once again I've layered many Prima flowers and mini-roses together for a more feminine look.

And here's this cutie close up--she was colored with Copics (R22,R20,R00, E55,E53,E50,BG23,BG11,BG10).  I added some diamond glaze to her eyes and the wheels of the scooter and stickles to her shoes, hairbands and scooter streamers!  The soft background was done with my W Grays (I teach how to do this in my Advanced Copic Class 3)!  I think she's a real sweetie!

Now to continue on the Blog Hop you need to hop on over to my pal Anki's Blog HERE!  And when you're done hopping head over to the store to pick out a few cuties for yourself!!

41 comments:

  1. Adorable image and great coloring!
    Your vintage look is wonderful, and making me in mood for spring.
    Hugs, Randi from Norway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's gorgeous!
    I love this sweet image and the design.
    Papers and details are very beautiful.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is gorgeous!! So cute!! Sounds like you have been very busy! I can relate to your doggie days! We have 2 spoiled doggies here too! Hmm, I would think Ghostie was telling you to take 5 for yourself :)

    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible!!!!! Wow!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Your coloring is just amazing. I love how soft and pretty this card is. The image is too cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card and love how you made it look vintage to show the versatility of the stamps. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodNESS this is so flippin gorgeous girlie! i wanna come back as one of my cats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well she is as cute as can be. Maybe you need someone to come in and get rid of your ghosts. Personally, I just think they are clumsy but not malicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Suzanne this Girls is so cute. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How ADORABLE! I love this design and what a FABULOUS job you did with the precious image! Your coloring always puts me in awe, and I am sooo excited about Monday! :) (doing cartwheels here!) Looks like I will be signing up for the advanced class too so I can learn this soft background technique...looks AMAZING! Many thanks for all your hard work in putting this together! YOU ROCK, GF! :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi
    i have just watched video for colouring with copics to look like distress inks , can't wait to get started, beautiful image. thanks for all your help and advice
    regards
    julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, um did I say wow! This is my first time to your blog and I gotta say "wow"...this card is beautiful! I little piece of artwork, all of those amazing details! I am lovin' it and so glad I decided to do the hop! The images are ALL just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your vintage look Suzanne and make sure that you rest this weekend. You'll need it - because I'm guessing that you will be getting your hands full with your on-line classes! Kramis and good luck! Anki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scooter girl is soooo cute! Great card, as always. :) Hope you can get caught up on your rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card, your coloring is just STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card!!! I look forward to reading stories of your ghost dog. My husband's ghost is hanging out here at my house. He throws things on occasion, too. The latest was my purse. I was having a crying jag and he was tired of it, I guess. He tossed my purse right off the table. MEN! LOL. Have a great weekend and stop stressing...everything will work out just fine. I'm confident of it. Gina L

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't get stressed out about the Copics classes on Monday. We all know how busy you are and I am sure we all understand how much work it takes to get something like this started. EVERYBODY is going to love it! We love your work and will be very patient if there are any "bugs' to work out.
    And get ready for all the wonderful compliments that I just know you will be getting next week!
    Thank you for doing all of this for us. We really appreciate it and your card for today is gorgeous, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are gonna work your poor little "finners" to the bone Girl! Take a breath and enjoy all your hard work! Sweet card today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Suzanne,
    Your card is fabulous, as always and I LOVE the wonderful light "Spring" colors you choose to color it with. The aqua/pink is a wonderful combo and so pretty!

    I am also very excited for the Grand Opening of your new "Classroom" and will be one of you students! Woohoo!

    I wish you great success and I'm hopping off now to Anki blog and then to stop by Susana's wonderful store.

    See you in the classroom on Monday. I can't wait.

    Happy Crafting,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card!! So nice with the vintage look/feel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all your work! Good luck on Monday!
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so excited about your magazine, I am such a huge fan! Rock on with your bad self. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sure that we will all love what you have made because everything you make is amazing! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good gracious, Suzanne! How in the world do you do all that you do & still have time to make an amazing card! You are one busy girl! It's just darling! Love it & your coloring is beautiful. Can't wait to get the mini-mag!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card as always! Thanks for sharing your creativity and amazing Copic coloring with us!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh what a cute cute image!!Love how you have coloured her and the stickles on her shoes and scooter. I think she would make a great card for my soon to be 4 year old granddaughter :o)
    Please don't stress over your Copic Classes - you will have done a fabulous job as in everything you do!
    I have been wondering about your 'ghost' as you hadn't mentioned 'it' in a while. Wonder what in the world makes things happen like the buttons all off the shelves. Probably God telling you enough is enough LOL LOL
    Love Candy

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the composition of this card, Suzanne and the vintage look.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just adorable. You've coloured the image beautifully and the papers are just gorgeous!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love it soft colors has a definate vintage feel awesome job as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow! I just saw one movie from you about coloring with copics like distress ink style. I love it. You color so beautiful. I will look at the other movies you made too. Thank you for sharing you technique.

    Your card is beautiful. And I love the coloring.

    Nanda

    ReplyDelete
  31. You perfectly mixed the modern day image with the vintage look. I love everything you do. I think I could pick out one of your designs from a mile away. They are always so uniquely yours and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This card is so cute and wonderful!!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful! Your card is so sweet and super cute!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  34. hi Suzanne, I love this vintage look, its given the stamped image a whole new lease of life, stunning.

    I have been watching your tutorials and have just had my first go at distressing with copics, which i have just posted on my blog ( i have some practising to do yet!)
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU, You are truly an amazing artist.

    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. beautiful card. Thank you for sharing you talent

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is so beautiful. The new stamps are so cute!
    xAndrea

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my word Suzanne, this is such a cute card. Way to use those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  38. what a cute image. Makes me think of my daughter who got her first 2 wheel scooter for christmas.

    Hugs
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations on your new endeavours!!! I know they will be as successful as you have hoped and even more so!!!
    Regards,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow this looks just like distress inks!! i ALWAYS use distress inks but have just started trying copics! I think Im going to have to watch your tutorials your colouring is AMAZING!!
    KRISTY XX

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover