Thursday, June 17, 2010

Horsin' Around!!

Hello & Happy Thursday to ya friends!  My daughter has her 8th grade graduation tonight so that's exciting--I'm sure I'll cry even though I'm not much of a crier, lol!  She's excited although her last day of school is tomorrow and she has her big Algebra I exam--no rest for the weary, huh?  I don't understand why they schedule such a hard exam on the last day of school when in my opinion, the kids have all checked out and are done with school.  They should've had the exam a week or two ago, but what do I know, I'm just a mom right? LOL!  My mom comes into town tomorrow thru the rest of the weekend--she hasn't been up in awhile so it will be nice to visit.  I'm going to take her antiquin' and then to lunch on Friday while the kids are in school and then we'll have grill out for dinner :)

Just so you know, most of my posts from here on out will be every other day and not much on the weekends--with vacations, travel and taking time to enjoy the summer I try not to post too much and keep my workload down just a bit.  But come the middle of August I'll be back posting 6 days a week, so don't worry and enjoy your summer too--get outside, play & relax a bit, we all need it!!

NewsBitz:

--Don't forget I'm running a SUMMER FUN SPECIAL at the Color Me Creative Classroom until June 20th!  Sign up for any 2 Online Copic Classes & get $10 off OR sign up for all 4 Online Copic Classes & get $20 off the total. (not good on previously purchased classes, for Copic Classes only, refund via PayPal)  If you don't have PayPal and would like to pay by check or money order, please email me and we can arrange that.  I ALSO still do REFERRAL BUCKS--refer a friend or two, and if they successfully sign up and you let me know beforehand via email, you get $5 in referral monies back!

--Today Paper Romance is having their Thursday Challenge---so hop over to Amy's Blog HERE to check all those gorgeous creations & stamps out!

***************************************
TIOT--Horsin' Around!!


So today is Thursday which means it's a Try It Out "T" day (we run it all week, half the DT posts on Tues. and the other half on Thurs.).  This week is Challenge #72 and it was to use lots of Viva Decor products on our creations--easy peasy!  I used a fabulous Elisabeth Bell for SCACD stamp called "At The Horse Show"--I love this lil' equestrian gal.  My daughter played with all those Breyer horses when she was younger and took a ton of horse riding lessons, something she still loves to do!  Make sure to stop by the store blog HERE to see the DT's projects and to join in the fun with us!

I used some of favorite papers from DCWV's "Linen Closet"--I love the soft colors and I distressed the papers with my Zutter Distress-it-all tool and some ink.  The layout is from last week's Friday's Sketchers--I liked all the layers although I deviated (surprise, surprise) from the sketch just a bit :) The sentiment is from a Clear Dollar Stamp set that they give their designers--I loved the saying though!!  I used the Viva Decor Pearl Pen in cream to create pearl buttons on her jacket and pearls on the papers and ribbon--love that stuff!


She's colored with Copics (E44 thru E40 for the pants, B01,B00,B0000 for the jacket) and then I accented with some stardust Stickles.  The watercolor background was done with Copics W00,W1,B00 and the Colorless Blender.  She's such a cutie!!

Alrighty, I'll be back with some new stuff on Monday for ya!  So enjoy your weekend!



16 comments:

  1. I love this card....it reminds me of my little niece Gabrialle....she has long dark hair and LOVES playing with horses! The colors are so refreshing...you did a beautiful job with this!
    xxxx
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Suzanne.
    Love the pastel colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Suzanne.
    Love the colors
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This image is so beautiful, gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful card Suzanne,i love your image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgous card, I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I did it! I went out and bought the "distresser"....couldn't resist...saw too many cards that were done with this. I am bad!!!

    Beautiful card. She looks so pretty.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work Suzanne! I adore your beautiful color combo and your coloring is so darn tootin' amazing!
    YAY..your vay-kay is almost here!
    Hugs~ Kim
    PS - hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous!
    I love the colours you've used, this image is so adorable and the design is fantastic.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...she is so cute, she reminds me of my 5 year old niece who just loves everything horses! A love what you did with the ribbon, especially the ends of it and the pretty buttons on her jacket. Very pretty card!

    Warmest greetings, Renata

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, Suzanne!

    I really do hope that they manufacture that Distrezz-it-all for our different voltage electricity supply here in the UK sometime soon!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this card, the colors are perfect. Enjoy your summer! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. HELLO MY FRIEND!!! I know it's been a while but I think of you all the time =) Your work is stunning as always!!!

    Congrats to your daughter and to the amazing parents as well ;) !!!!!!!

    Big hugs always, T

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thak you, Thank you, Thank You. I have been asking around all over for tutorials and thanks to Elisabeth Bell's post and sharing your tutorial with us I found you!!! I am a beginner and just love ALL the copic markers and all of your tutorials. I am such a fan of Elisabeth Bell and Mary Giemza's work and now your work. Of course I do love some of the others but WOW you guys. How do you do it. I see tht you have work shops but I just cannot afford any of them. I am struggling with the Copic's right now but all the things that you post for free are so rewarding. I watched EVERY tutorial today and now
    I have to figure out a way to but the stamps and the Copics. Ha Ha... Anyhow. I just wanted to tank you along with Elisabeth and Mary for all your help and beautiful work. You guys are so wonderful... I might have to come ot of retirement in order to pay for all of this new found love......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Suzanne, this is just beautiful!! We had horses when I was young, and this takes me back..... With the distressing, it has such a lovely vintage look yet so very sweet. I just love it!! With each card I think you've out done yourself, and yet you manage to raise the bar once again.... you are the queen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card. Love what you did with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover