Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Naughty or Nice??

Hi everyone & Happy Thursday!  Sorry for my absence--this is a CRAZY week for me!  Along with almost cutting my finger off (lol) I have been catching up on things that I had let go the past few months.  Chief among them was to clean out my hubby's study and my craftroom.  It took me over 6 hours to clean my craftroom, lol--see the before and after pictures below.  YES I am brave enough to show you the before pics, lol--but its SCARY so beware!! It was 2-3 months of not cleaning or organizing and putting away stuff due to work demands and it was driving me NUTZ!!  But I organized everything down to my unmounted rubber stamps by company, all my spellbinders, cuttlebug folders and papers!  Phew---I feel so much better and I got rid of 19 boxes and 2 big bags of trash, lol!  Now it is a joy to go and craft again--before it made me feel almost manic because I can't stand clutter of any kind!  But its done now and I feel good, but I still need to reorganize all my Magnolia stamps, maybe I'll save that for the holidays since it's a BIG job!!  Now next week I'm going to do my walk-in closet (its such a disaster I'm embarrassed, lol) and our hall closets.

This is also Homecoming Week for Alexa so she's had umpteen million events going on!  Last night was the Powderpuff Football game (girls against women faculty) and tomorrow is the Varsity football game and then the group of them is going to IHOP afterwards (poor IHOP, lol).  In between she has to get her nails done and then on Saturday she gets her hair done and pictures and then onto dinner with her friends before the Homecoming Dance.  And then lucky me volunteered to have all 20 or so of them over after the dance for some food, smores and fun on the patio and then the girls are sleeping over--ACK!!  Also my mom will be here and I'm teaching a Copic class to a few ladies here in my home today, LOL!  Do you think I could add more in this week?  And we're going to try and get to the pumpkin patch on Sunday if the weather cooperates--one of my fave fall activities :)  So it's been crazy, will be crazy and then it will be Monday again, lmbo!

Craft Room Pics (before & after, lol)--if you want to the rest of my craftroom pics you can click on the "All About Me" page at top of blog under banner to see those! (if you get my blog by email you can access the pics at the website)


NewsBitz:

-Winner of the "Winter Bunny Hugz" Blog Candy is  Alanna of Alanna's Spot in the World!!  Congrats and thanks to everyone for entering--I loved reading about your favorite winter activities.  WELL you know I HATE the cold, so my fave is setting up my 10 Christmas trees and decorating the house for the holidays, drinking hot cocoa and spending time INSIDE reading my KINDLE and crafting, hee hee!

-Blog Candy for "Peppermint Kisses" is ongoing thru Friday--enter it HERE!

-7 Kids College Fund has the NEW Whiff of Joy stamps up for pre-order HERE!  They are really cute and that baby seal must COME HOME to me, lol!

*******************************************************
Naughty or Nice??



Well sometimes you just GOTTA HAVE FUN you know what I mean!!?  And as soon as I saw this image it made me smile and laugh so I had to have it!!  It's by Kenny K Downloads and he has some awesome digi images to use.  This one is called "Mistletoe" and I think she's fab! Some of them are a bit NAUGHTY (much naughtier than this one, lol) which are cute but I don't really have anyone to send a card to with those images, hee hee and I have a teenage boy in the house KWIM.  So this one was a good mix of naughty & nice and it will be my hubby's Christmas card from me this year (wink)!  But he has lots of other cute images as well to use that are "clean" so don't be scared to check them out--the sports ones are fabulous and they are so much FUN TO COLOR!!

I had lots of fun making this--it really was a joy to do!  I also got to use all my new holiday goodies, lol!  The papers are new from Kaisercraft "Be Merry" paper pad and those fab holly accents were made with the NEW Martha Stewart holiday jumbo punches!  I love them and I accented the holly by inking the edges and adding red Dew Drops for the berries.  That sentiment is from a VERY NAUGHTY set from MFT (My Favorite Things) stamps called "Twisted Sentiments" **don't click if you cannot handle it, lol** I got it a long time ago but never used it, lol!  But the "Naughty" was perfect for this card and I added a question mark with my green Copic Spica pen!  The bow was made with a Bow Easy and accented with a dew drop.  The image was cut out with the SB's Nestie Die "Labels 11"--I like this shape, it's a nice alternative to ovals.


My image was colored with Copics and then I added some of my fave products to the image to make it extra special!  On all her fur trims I used Doodlebug White Flock (on sale right now 20% off) and for her pom-poms I used real small white pom-poms from the craft store--makes it FUN!  The gold accents have stickles on them and I used some diamond glaze on her eyes to make them shiny.  I also traced her fishnet stockings with my black Spica pen to make them glittery :)

Now if I only looked like that in real life, right??? LOL!

Have a great day!!


14 comments:

  1. So beautiful card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, first your messy room is cleaner than my room. I really need to do this but just keep trying to ignore the mess. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the cleanup!! :) Great card - love those cute images! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, just remember... the most creative people are messy and manage to be organized all at the same time. Somehow, we always seem to know where everything is among the mess. My room is under reconstruction. It's amazing that I know where to find stuff. We are expanding to close our b&m store and bring it back home after 2 years - temporarily due to the economy. I am getting a new workspace for myself too so I really can't complain too much :).

    You did a beautiful job cleaning up. I'll be the first to say "I am proud of you". Doesn't it feel good???

    Your card is FAB-U-LOUS, as always. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Hugs,
    Kimm (that unique .com that you can never forget *smiles*)

    PS - Thanks for resending. I haven't gotten time to email you back yet, but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Love those jumbo holly leaves - going to have to buy that punch! The image is colored beautifully and I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful card Suzanne,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowowow Sheis just Diva!
    You have created such a beautiful card Suzanne. Gorgeous DP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I love Kenny K's sassy images and this is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahahaha Suzanne!! I love your naughty! Aren't these images fun!! Your craftroom looks fab! I love the storage space you have! I would love it! We have so much in common, I thought the desk was mine!! My favorite pic is the one of your toes! LOL! I love the holly punch "Enabler" you've done it again and I have to have some of those stamps.
    I would love to have all those kids over! I used to have the entire football team on Friday nights to watch what I taped and have snacks (even the out of town games when it was sometimes 1:00 a.m. before we even made it home)! I loved those days...so enjoy!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looked at all your before and after pictures. Mine is pretty bad too, but do know where most of my things are. The more space I have, the more things I get. A never ending battle. Thanks for sharing and keep the great cards coming. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, the "before" photos are a true sign of an artist at work ... and the "after's" are the ahhhh moments before the next project. It's pretty obvious by the outcome of your projects that your craft room sure works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous card and a very gorgeous craft room- oh to be so organised!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's absolutely gorgeous! Aren't the new christmas stamps great?
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh to have a room devoted to crafts...just a dream. I do understand getting out, using and a month it's still out...on the loving room floor!!! My hubby is sooo sweet! And the card...its must be me...sometimes I'm naughty and sometimes I am sweeeeet! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover