Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Deck The Halls!

Hello wonderful friends and a Happy Tuesday to you!  I am typing this up the night before LITERALLY sitting in my fireplace in our family room as I'm freezing my bum off, lol!  We went to Alexa's last football game that she cheered at and it was 38 degrees, omgosh COLD I tell ya, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  Me no likey any weather under 60 degrees, lol, and those metal bleachers were like glaciers I tell ya!  After her half-time dance I had to leave, I just couldn't stand it anymore.  I had my seat heaters on and my feet stuck up on the heat vents in our truck, LOL--I couldn't feel my toes anymore.  So I'm SLOWLY recovering from my trip to Antartica (hee hee) by sitting by the fireplace!  If this is my harbinger of winter I swear I'm going to turn into a goose so I can fly south for the winter, lmbo!  BLECH--and no I don't want to hear from any of you that actually like winter (you crazy), lol!  If spring could come RIGHT after Christmas that would ROCK I tell ya!


NewsBitz:

-Winner of my "Christmas Memories" Blog Candy is Sassy Cricut of Sassy-Scrappz!!  Congrats and please email for the candy details!  Thanks to everyone for leaving such awesome storage ideas, I got quite a few that I might use and I will email you for permission to use them and your name in our magazine soon!

-You have until this coming Sunday to email me or leave a comment on this post here with your favorite recipe for soup--cuz' I love me some soup!  One lucky person will win the NEW cookbook by the Southern Plate lady Christy (but you have to leave a recipe, lol)!!

-I'm still reading every night and I just finished Danielle Steele's "Legacy" book on my Kindle and it was FANTASTIC!  I'm not a huge fan of her work, some of her books I enjoyed but a lot tend to be the same ole same KWIM but this new one was really good.  I'm also reading a book called "At Home" by Bill Bryson that is about the history of our homes from the beginning--it is EXCELLENT for those whose brain's work like mine, lol!  I love lil' tidbits and facts like why do we only have salt & pepper and why we call it "room & board"!  Check it out--it is worth the read!  My other book I just started is a sequel by Raymond Khoury called "The Templar Salvation" (lovin' it)--the first book is called "The Last Templar" (if you liked Dan Brown's books you'll LOVE these)!

****************************************************
Deck the Halls!


Since it's the beginning of the month that means it's time for the Magnolia-licious DT Sketch Challenge!  This month our fabulous hostess is Barb Hardeman and she has challenged us to make SHAKER CARDS!  I love shaker cards but I hadn't made one in a bit so I was happy to dive in!  And I must admit I HAD WAYYYYY TO MUCH FUN making this card, hee hee!  Most of you know how much I love Christmas--I decorate our house with 10 (11 this year) Christmas trees including doing the outside up!  It is just my absolute fave time of the year!  SO making this card was like decorating a mini house for me, hee hee!  You can find all the details on this challenge and how to participate along with us at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog!

So my idea came along when I knew I was going to use the window from Magnolia to create a wintry scene--that transpired into a indoor/outdoor holiday scene!  So when you shake this card it creates a fun snowy scene outside the window! My stamps are all from Magnolia-licious!!  Diana does not have this window in stock yet but the Alota window HERE can be used in the same manner if you like!  The cute Tilda is called "Decorating Christmas Tree" and I just adore her--I only attached one of her feet with dimensionals so it really looks like one leg is sticking out a bit as she reaches up high to add the decoration.  I put diamond glaze and stickles on all the ornaments for sparkle and the tree branches got stickles as well.  The gold snowflake at the top of tree was a button but I cut off the shank on the back so it would lay flat!  The tree is from the Jingle Jangle 2008 Collection and Diana might be ordering some of these if you really, really want a tree like this let her know 'kay??!  And of course everything is colored with Copics of course :)


The Alota Window at Magnolia-licious is similar to the one I used!!  The shaker window was actually a long process but not hard to do--I drew/colored a forest and snowy hills first onto light gray cs with the snowy hills made of white cs.  Then I covered that scene with a transparency sheet so that when the card is shaken the snow wouldn't get stuck in the hills, lol!  Then I cut the paper from the window image after coloring and added a transparency behind it for the window panes.  Then I attached foam tape around the window frame on the backside, added my MS glitter snow inside and closed it all up.  The garland and window trim was made with Flower Soft "Vintage Christmas Mix"--for the garland I used the Flower Soft wires and added Tacky Glue to them then sprinkled/patted on the flower soft mix (I did this 3 times, waiting for the other layers to dry completely at first before adding more).  Then I was able to bend the wire and make a window garland.  I used PTI's thin gold ribbon to make mini bows for the end of each garland.


A side view so you can see the many layers of dimension on this card---it truly gives it a 3-D effect!



And then there is "Rufus" the Magnolia doggie--it wouldn't be a complete scene without a furbaby in it right? (afterwards I was thinking and I'm going to add this Magnolia "Cat" to the mix so it represents my 7 furbabies more, hee hee)  I used a sentiment from PTI's "Mixed Messages" and made a lil' sign for Rufus to hold in his cute mouth (his tongue got diamond glaze too).  Isn't he a cutie???



Hopefully I'll be doing this soon to my home, hee hee, BUT WITHOUT the snow!! I surely do love to DECK THE HALLS!!
Hope you enjoyed today's post and make sure to visit the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog to see the DT's fabulous shaker card projects!!


49 comments:

  1. WOW this is stunning!! I wish I could colour like you! AMAZING.
    Kristy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful piece of work Suzanne. Just love all those dimensional layers. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a FABULOUS card, Suzanne! Your attention to detail is amazing!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a FABULOUS card, Suzanne! Your attention to detail is amazing!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW...stunning! I luv the scene you've created. The window is just fab. Luv all the 3D embellishments.

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne, there is nobody out there that puts as much time and efforts into their cards, err pieces of art, like you.

    This is phenomenal and I love every square inch of it.

    I hope you've recovered from your visit to Antarctica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little card Suzanne and I love the idea of a window scene....awesome job
    Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally ingenious! LOVE the garland in the window and the little scene outside the window!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This little 'scene' is absolutely breathtaking! The Flower Soft garland swag is the best and I love Rufus and his little sign. I could go on and write a book about how awesome this is...
    Hugs,
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne! I believe you've outdone yourself with this one!!! What a gorgeous scene. I spent about 5 minutes looking at everything. It's also the perfect way to use the 'shaker' technique. AWESOME CARD!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Suzanne!!!! I love, love, LOVE this card!!!! The scene you've created here just takes my breath away! I've been wanting that particular window for a long time, and you've just reinforced that want! LOL! Gorgeous piece of work!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, This is stunning, love how you created the scene, it's brilliant.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzanne,

    It's starting to get colder here too but we are still hovering around 53 so it's not too cold yet. I love your card, your garland is fantastic! I have some of this flower soft so I might give making some a bash!

    Take Care,

    Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh! This is gorgeous! Do you by chance know where you'll be having your Copics class in Tennessee? I'm so wanting to go, but hope it's near Nashville.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you really are not going to like me, but I loooooove Winter and cold weather, living here in England you can get all four seasons in one day. Getting on to the important issues, I adore all the cards you make and you have helped me with the colouring tips for copics, keep up the brilliant work - Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well all I can say is WOW!! You have really out done yourself with this creative casrd dear!!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzanne, I love the details on your card, it's really like Tilda's home :) amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had way too much fun creating this wonderful scene! Just love all the detail with the window, garland, Rufus and adorable Tilda with the tree! FANTASTIC card Suzanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG OMG OMG this is Stunning! I love everything about it..... x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzanne this is one of the prettiest Christmas cards I,ve seen this year! Your copic coloring just amazes me......beautiful card!

    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful card Suzanne,I love the images and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  22. WHAT IN THE WORLD DID YOU DO !!!!!!!!OHHHH MY GOSH LOVE IT!! You know i love sceneries but my dear you so rocked this challenge and like you say AND THEN SOME LOL!!!! Beyond adorable and gorgeous. I love every detail and the freestyle coloring on the window is just amazing lol!!! YOU ROCK GIRL,RubYM:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Susan, this scene your created is so very precious. All the spirit of winter is expressed here. The warm colors for the inside, make such drastic contrast with the cold outside, I can almost feel it. You did have a lof of fun creating this project, it comes through. I love it.
    Hugs.
    Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's an awesome card!! I would love to have this scene outside my window at Christmas. Great way to do the shaker card! The details are just amazing, my favorite is the garland you created with the flower soft!
    hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my Suzanne!!! THIS is the loviest shaker window card I have ever seen! How very clever of you to use a window scene...filed with snow outside! I love this! Of course, your coloring and the whole "scene" here is awesome too! Great take on this challenge! You gave me an idea! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love, love this card! In fact this Tilda and tree were one of the first stamps I ever bought. I still haven't inked them up yet. LOVE the garlands too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Suzanne this is so pretty! I really like how you've made the window part of the shaker. You are really awesome and creative!

    Hugs,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  28. this shaker card is beautiful.. not just your coloring (which is always AMAZING..) but the layout of it also.. such gorgeous work..

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's stunning Suzanne! And i love the Flowersoft!
    HUgs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Suzanne this is truly wonderful! What a cute scene, with the snow mounting up outside the window! Just like YOUR kind of winter (not here in Central Texas though! Your coloring is just beautiful! Really a delightful card!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! What a Beautiful shaker card, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am in love with this card! What an adorable scene and the shaker card window is brilliant. You never cease to amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Suzanne!
    What a super idea to use a window for your shaker card. It's beautifully made. I love Rufus sitting there with his sign around his neck. Coloring is wonderful.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  34. Suzanne, this is beautiful!! I bet this took forever to make - so many images to color and then to make the shaker and my fav - the garland!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love anything with Tilda in it and the addition of the shaker window and dog and Christmas tree all add to it. It's GREAT!!!

    And here is my Bean-Hamburg Soup recipe:
    Brown lots of onions and celery until just transparent. Add 1 pound of ground beef and drain off the juice. Add a 24 oz. jar of cooked northern beans (drained). Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Add 1 quart of crushed canned tomatoes, or more if you like it juicy. And 1 teaspoon of sugar. Simmer for at least an hour on low heart. Enjoy!
    Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  36. OMGosh & Wowsers, Suzanne!!! Your shaker card is darling! I love the shaker details & the garland & the darling tree with cute Tilda! And of course Rufus is adorable & just sitting there waiting for his little kitty friend to come join him.

    Love it!!!!!

    Happy Huggies ~

    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  37. You are a creative GENIUS Suzanne!!! I LOVE this card ♥
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  38. My goodness Suzanne. I heart this shaker card. Pretty snowy filling and the flowersoft garland is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Suzanne,
    Love your idea of the window shaker.
    Great card :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love it Suzanne, Makes me feel like I could just "step into" it and hear the music playing and smell cookies baking.... it's so cool when a card is more than just pretty - when it creates a mood and feeling. Very nice. Love that one foot is on dimensionals!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I hurt my behind when I fell on it as soon as I saw that card what a work of art. Every details is there nothing is missing. It sure reflect your love for christmas. I am sending you all the BRAVO I can fit in this message. CONGRAT

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm sitting here in total AWE!!! You just blew my mind with your creativity! My goodness girl you just overflow with pure talent and this card is FABULOUS!!!!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my gosh, this is sooo ADORABLE!!! Just a wonderful scene and of course, colored to perfection!! Love it!!!!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  44. wow that is a fantastic card, I would love to get one of those in the mail. Guess I will have to make one for myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Whooly cow, batman, thats one awesome Christmas scene card! Lots of beautiful details to be seen. Wow, you're inspiring, Suzanne. I want to run downstairs and do a Christmas card now. Love it!!!!! You never disappoint when I come to browse your blog!
    Blessings to you~
    Leslie Avila

    ReplyDelete
  46. AHHHHH!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! Geez, sorry to "shout" at you but really, this is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I always love your work, but this time you've out done yourself! I just love creating a scene on my cards and yours is truly wonderful. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent-Hugs Tania

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover