Thursday, April 7, 2011

Marry Me!

Hiya Friends & Happy Thursday!  The weather in VA has been just fabulous--70's yesterday & today--whoohooo!  Makes me not miss the AZ weather so much, LOL!  I finally got to watch the ACM Award show last night--I had tivoed it before I left home.  Oh how I love 'dem country folks like me, LOL--good times.  I had it blaring last night--hubby & kids thought I had lost it but hey they always think that.  I love me that "Dirt Road" song and OMG Carrie Underwood & Steven Tyler--yes ma'am that was a good show!  Just got word that Tim McGraw & Sugarland are coming to town and GUESS WHAT?  Yeppers Suzanne bought tix already so I'm good to go--cannot wait.  IF I had to have a girl crush it would definitely be on Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland--that gal can SING! LOL  How can you not love a good country song--good story and they CAN REALLY SING, none of this studio altered crappo KWIM! But I do NEED to see Blake Shelton & the Zac Brown Band--gonna have to stalk their tour dates, hee hee.  For those who NEED to see my Blake Shelton (shhh he's not mine but I pretend, LOL) see below for his NEW AWESOME SONG called "Honey Bee"!  AND OMG the Zac Brown Band singing my favorite song "Colder Weather" with the James Taylor (lovee him)--I was SCREAMING.........................LOL--hubby really thinks I am MENTAL, hee hee! (and I might agree)

For those that got thru my Travel Story yesterday, well I applaud you, LOL!  I'm not sure how I got thru it all to tell you the truth---patience and perseverance me thinks!  And I CANNOT be responsible for anyone who peed their pants while reading it, hee hee---sorry!  So Life is all about the experiences you have each day and my life is very FULL, LOL!  If you're not experiencing LIFE than what the heck are you doing my friends??  Question of the Day for ya! (PS--the Lockheed Martin guy WAS NOT the drunk guy, he was the nice one--in fact all the men I have met from Lockheed Martin have been very nice & respectful :))

Blake Shelton:



NewsBitz:

-Love those gorgeous Wild Orchid Craft flowers?  Well, for those in the US I Brake For Stamps is now the US Distributor for them!  Get over there and buy 'em cuz' they are going fast (don't worry more are coming) LOL!

-The CMC Classroom Birthday Events are all done and the winners are posted on the main page HERE! Thanks to everyone who played along and celebrated with us--it was a BLAST! And I'm proud to say we raised $2000 for Relief for Japan along the way---that is AWESOME!

-Winner of my last Blog Candy (geez I'm late again, I'm bad, smack me) is Katheleen of Chilliwack BC (love that name chilliwack, makes my tongue happy KWIM, hee hee-yes I know I'm strange)!  Congrats--please email me for deets on your prizes!

-Make sure to stop by the SCACD store blog HERE to enter that yummy Blog Candy and the release will be tomorrow with a fun DT Blog Hop, so stay tuned.  You will want all of these cute Elisabeth Bell for SCACD stamps ;)

-Want a good book to read?  The Discovery of Witches is EXCELLENT and so worth the read!  Yes I didn't care for the Twilight Series (I know, shoot me, lol) but this was fab! So fab that I awoke my husband to ANNOUNCE to him that I might be a witch (not the mean kind but the magical kind, hee hee).  I have had "certain" things happen to me over my lifetime that encourage me to think that, LOL--well he just said "Sure thing Suzanne" and rolled over & went back to sleep, LMBO! Oh My!


******************************************
Marry Me!


Today I'm sharing my April Magnolia-licious Challenge Card with you--I'm a few days late so I apologize but I didn't get to finish it before I left for AZ.  This month our hostess is the lovely Sharon Caudle and she challenged us to use BOTH Tilda & Edwin since poor lil' Edwin is so underused, LOL!  Well I love this image from the Wedding Collection 2010 at Magnolia-licious---so lovely!  You can find all the Challenge details at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog HERE!


This image is just the sweetest dontcha' think?  I love how she's reaching for his face--so sweet!  I created this card thinking of a beautiful Spring Wedding outside (or could be for Prom too).  I used "Loving Bridal Couple" and then the newer "Stone Pathway".  My papers are new by Melissa Frances--love them, so soft & pretty!  The die behind my image is a newer Spellbinders Pendant (I split it in half and added it to each end of the circle) and the green leaves are a new Marianne Designs die (love me them dies).  The flowers are new by KaiserCraft--aren't they gorgeous!?



Yes this got colored with Copics---BG15,BG10,Colorless Blender/E43,E42,E41,E40/YR24,YR20,E31/E25,E31,E50/E11,E00,R20.  The couple got cut out and popped up on dimensionals in front of the garden.  I added stickles to the flowers & bodice of her dress for some soft bling (also on the scrolly leaves).



Now make sure to hop on over to the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog to participate in this challenge AND the awesome Easter-Spring Extravaganza Contest!  The prizes are FABULOUS!



24 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest card! I need to go buy that stamp right now! =) And I enjoyed that video....which surprised me because I've never listened to country before. And YOUR Blake Shelton is pretty cute!=P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful wedding card. Love all the little details. I think I can see myself needing this pendant die! oh my.... great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, I'm with you on those good old country boys! You could get lost in those dimples of Blake's, couldn't you???? He is just so darn sweet! And that performance of Carrie and Steven Tyler was just awesome, if you ask me. I loved it!! Sugarland just can't be beat; no one can "milk" a phrase, line, word, notes, like Jennifer Nettles. She is one amazing singer. The way the sang "Dirt Road", I agree, they need to release their version of that song, just unreal..... so moving.

    Oh, and I really loved your card too....sorry. Got so carried away with the country part, I forgot I was here to talk about your artwork!!!! lol hee hee forgive me, please........ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Suzanne!
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne,
    the card is amazing. The green leaves are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne,
    I realy love your card!!!
    Very cute leaves.

    I want to thank you for all the things I learned from your tutorials. I never had any workshop and learned everything I do from tutorials .
    So thank you very much for sharing .

    Have a nice day
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh what a gorgeous card. Love everything about this. Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little card Suzanne love it to pieces....and you too :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word this is very a beautiful creation, and such a lovely design and layout I love the spring colour combo and your colouring is super! Hugs Janine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Suzanne. I can't wait to use some of my MF papers also! They are so pretty! Your coloring is fabulous on the sweet wedding couple and with the die behind them, the card is more than romantic!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL.........very soft and the details are perfect!!
    Hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely STUNNING! Love the design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful! Gorgeous coloring, background and I love your soft, sweet colors! Fabulous!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, so soft colours. Great job.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is just so lovely, Suzanne! I love the soft palette you chose to use. Perfection, as always.

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards always have the touch of Panache! stunning work as per your usual style, how you do it with all you have going on i will never know, lol
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the great way you did on only using the lace punch for the top & bottom of the circle and omitting the side. Very sweet and beautiful card. (As always)!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Magnolia couple card, the paper and the new dies. Perfect for a wedding or anniversary.
    Still thinking about your blog last night. Boy, you sure have different experiences than we ever do when flying or on vacation. The one thing that puzzles me is, Whyyyy didn't you ask the stewardess to move the drunk or move you???? I would not have put up with that at all. Can't believe you did. Sounded awful to me. Edna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes I will marry you - will you be my wife oh talented one. I have always said that every woman needs a wife!! Absolutely gorgeous card Suzanne -
    Hugs
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would expect nothing less "perfect" for the lovely work you always put out. Tilda & Edwin do make the perfect couple...behind you and hubby! He, he he!

    Loved reading your manuscript last light before going to sleep...I do believe you set a record for your longest blog. You are a true storyteller and I for one sooo enjoy your blog stories! they make me smile, laugh and sometimes even sad! Yep, your blog is perfect! thankz Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmmm... Blake Shelton, he's a gorgeous hunk of a man isn't he... will have to look for his CD in our shops! A stunning card Suzanne and I agree, the way Tilda is holding Edwin's cheek is so very sweet. Enjoy reading about your travels.... uhhh, pleased I'm not your travelling companion though... yikes... LOL, you just attract Trouble (with a capital T..hehehe) hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Card Suzanne! I love the Designer Papers they are just yummy and the die cut leaves are just beautiful!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card - I love those diecut leaves also.
    mmlmn at polarcomm dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful card, love the travel stories.
    Must go look for that book, soudns interesting x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover