Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A little Mickey, a little Pooh….!!

Well hello there everyone….yes, yes I have been GONE, GONE, GONE and guess what?  I’m getting ready to go, go, go…as is the story of my life these days.  So where have I been? Well if you don’t follow me on Facebook or Twitter than you didn’t know that I planned a total impromptu trip to Disney World in Florida this past Friday for my son’s 14th birthday.  Impromptu….well yes I booked it at 11 am on Friday and we left at 8:30 pm from Baltimore.  Did the kids know? NOPE! LOL!  Riley has really been sick since November with pneumonia, bronchitis and asthma issues so hubby & I wanted to do something really special for his birthday.  Alexa’s birthday is almost always during Spring Break so she’s had her birthday in Disney, SeaWorld and last year in Maui but Riley never has.  So we thought a spontaneous surprise would be perfect…so I packed for 4 people, got someone to watch the cats, picked up kids from school and drove 2 hours to my mom’s to drop off kids to race to Baltimore to catch flight & meet up with hubby.  Ummm sounds ok right?  Ummm yeah NO---I thought I was gonna have a REAL heart attack LMBO!  Finding summer clothes, shoes that fit for everyone, turning off water and all those other chores that are usually planned in advance got me in stress mode.  Then of all things I took a wrong turn on the Beltway…ummmm I’ve lived here all my LIFE and have traveled these roads 1000’s of times but NO, oh noooooooo!  They are doing construction and had exits blocked and I realized it too late and ended up on Rte. 66…if you live around here you feel my pain ugh.  So my poor GPS was trying to find a new, quick route to get us out of DC on a FRIDAY, during RUSH HOUR, crazy I tell you…literally I was driving like a Nascar driver. Thank GOD there were no cops out to get me cuz I went about 80 miles an hour & drove my BMW like a darn go-kart…the kids were laughing their bums off (while I was cussing out a horrible stream, yes I am a terrible road rager cusser crazy woman and yelling at the kids that they were NOT to tell their father any of our goings-ons LOL) but I thought I might die for sure.  Drop dogs off with my mom…my mom who so graciously took a manic phone call from me to meet me 30 mins closer than going all the way to their house LOL!  I literally threw the dogs in her car while she’s telling me I’m a “maniac and need help” LOL and I’m like '”umm yeah I know but I gotta gooooo” heehee!  Then we raced up to Baltimore to get at airport at 7 pm…whoo hoo I was on time and about to die, only drank 2 sodas all day and run into airport with bags and teens….to find out….wait for it…..wait for it……THE FRIGGIN FLIGHT WAS DELAYED 40 mins…ugh!  I wanted to yell I was so peeved and WHY were we delayed??  For a flight that was coming in that had been delayed….see we were the last flight out that night to Orlando so instead of leaving at 7:59 we left at 8:45 pm and that was with AirTran…so apparently THEY wait for delayed planes.  Unlike most airlines….let’s NOT revisit my United flight and my Vegas adventures ok!?  And I’m starving right?  Yes STARVING!!!  We use the restroom and head to our gate….this is AFTER getting my clueless teens thru security and behind a woman with 3 young kids that was so UNPREPARED I coulda screamed (yes I am type A and can get thru security in 2 mins flat thank you much)!  She didn’t have their shoes off, they were screaming and throwing things…I was ready to scream with them ugh!  Alexa is fussing that its too stressful and too rushed and she starts freaking out, then Riley gets buzzed cuz’ he didn’t empty his pockets like I told him to at least 3 TIMES!!  So after getting thru that and using restroom, hubby & son head out to get food for us. THEN Alexa remembers that she left her boarding pass in the restroom….you did WHAT?  She’s running down to the bathroom and then they say “we are going to start boarding”….seriously I thought about boarding and leaving my family at that point…I won’t lie…cuz I really had that thought haahaha!  And yes I am MANIC about boarding…you have to be ready to line up if you have carry-on (which we all did) cuz people eat up all the bin space and get pushy…I don’t do pushy…but I can do NASTY if need be.  So I’m texting & calling everyone to get a move on….Alexa is running back with her found ticket and then hubby & son slowly come.  What’s for dinner you ask?  Ummm a shared hotdog in a pretzel and a shared Coke….yeah, it was so darn good I coulda eaten 10 of them….NOT! LOL!  So I pulled out my laptop and worked 99% of the way and tried to ignore the crying babies around me and my daughter asking me 5000 questions about silly things…oh boy…makes me appreciate traveling alone I tell ya! I love ‘em but they drive me nutsy!  Then said daughter leaves her purse on plane…yep she did…this is the same child that I will be sending off to college in 2 years….yep I’m worried Winking smile  So we arrive at 11 pm in Orlando and I’m STARVING STILL….seriously I was ready to eat the darn floor.  So we get our rental car & head to Chevy’s…it was open late…it was very good….I ate wayyyy tooo much…then I was sick at hotel….so is the story of my life…my travel adventures….and the way I choose to live.

Anywho, I have a slideshow of our trip below….which was crazy fantastic and we enjoyed every minute!  Something about Disney that makes you just wanna stay even though you are thoroughly worn out LOL!  Yep the Dean family totally terrorized Disney World, laughing and bee-boppin’ the whole way thru from morning to about 1 am each day…I’m sure they were ready for us to go.  Our hotel was too probably as we laughed hysterically every night, ordered enough room service for an army and generally acted like loons on vacation.  Yep that’s my family…and I love ‘em!  And a belated Happy Birthday to my baby boy…who is now 6’2 and towers over me…but I love him to pieces and he knows that I can still kick his bum if he gets outta line!  (if you get my blog by email click HERE to see slideshow ok…it’s a doozy I tell ya).

Slideshow of Disney World:



NewsBitz:

-Ok I have new locations up for my Copic Classes!  I will be in Texas this weekend, then headed to Florida (Bonita Springs & Port St. Lucie) to teach next weekend.  Also upcoming are W.Virginia, San Jose CA, Baltimore MD –registration is up for all of these at www.cmcroad.com.  If you live in Montreal Canada (in May) or Guelph Ontario (in Nov) I have upcoming dates for both so stay tuned for registrations.

-SCACD has some new yummies in stock!  Oh my if you have not tried Best Glue Ever or the Scrapperfect Cleanerthey ARE MUST HAVES & I HIGHLY recommend both.  I now use this glue 90% of the time, its perfect for any material (paper, metal, glass, fabric, felt..you name it) and it dries clear & flat so if you have an issue with glue bumps under paper or ribbon…you need to try this! And the cleaner is non-toxic, smells good & cleans friggin’ everything..I kid you not! It even removes Staz-On ink from your hands/stamps and best of all its a GREEN product so it won't hurt ya!!  And the owner/inventor is the nicest lady & a riot too, love her!  Watch the videos to see more at SCACD but I promise you will love them both!!

*************************************************************************
Adore….able!!



So I did get time to finish a project yesterday after going thru about 5000 emails and doing chores and all that other good stuff that piles up while you are away!  I got to use this super adorable (yes…hence the title…ironic…nope…lol) Sylvia Zet for SCACD stamp called “Give Peace a Chance”.  I decided to use just blacks,warm grays and kraft brown colors with small pops of gold.  My papers are by MME called “Kraft Funday” (now 20% off).  The swirls are Doohickey's by Magnolia and the flowers are Petaloo topped off with black buttons tied with bakers twine--I'm a Maryland girl so I have always loved Black Eyed Susans so that that's what I kinda created LOL!  I distressed all the edges with my Zutter Distress machine.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:



P1130749_edited-1

This cutie got colored with Copics W9,W7,W5,W3,W1 / E44,E43,E42,E41 / E11,E00, R20 / YR23, E35, YR20 / E49,E35, YR20, E31.  I added some Stickles to the flower petals and the ruffles on her shirt for some sparkle.  To create sky I like to use my Inkssentials Blending tool (with foam) and sponge on blue ink by SU—easy & quick sky for ya!

Ok that’s all for me today…I leave on Friday for Texas (flying into San Antonio & teaching in Waco)… have a couple of spots open if you’d like to come and have some fun with us!  Have a great day!

24 comments:

  1. Very lovely I love the colors!
    Hugs tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card, love the colour scheme
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, I always love reading about your adventures! You are a hoot! Can't wait to hear about your next adventure. Love your card too, it is amazing. Hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your story and the pictures are great!!!

    Your card is just amazing!!! Such nice colouring! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to read and smile with you girl :)
    The colors on this image are just FAB Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE Disney...it's such a fun place and makes everyone HAPPY!

    I don't LOVE flyin' but it's well worth the trip!!

    See you in Baltimore!! Can't WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and coloring.. Always! I do enjoy reading about your adventures... Thank you for sharing. The photos of your family tell a wonderful story. Glad you all had a great time. Happy Birthday Riley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so much fun to read about your adventures, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to hear from you again, thanks for sharing your trip with us, sounds like you really had some quality family time. You're such a sweetie and super mom always thinking of different things to do with the kids. I always imagine I'm watching a movie when I read your blog very entertaining, I can just picture it all lol. Absolutely looooove the card - your work is fantastic as always. love Engie South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling card & OMGosh........I enjoyed reading about your adventure........I always do. You always entertain with your stories. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet image, amazing coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw this on Make it Monday.Love the colours and layout. Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, gorgeous colouring too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card, I love the colour scheme, thanks for sharing with us at MMCS, good luck and hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome story...LOL. Awesome Trip! Awesome card. Love your Sylvia Zet image; she's so cute. And the color combo is fabulous.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got so engrossed in your adventures I nearly forgot to leave a comment!!!!

    Super cute card and I love the colour combination. Thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning card Suzanne and I just adore your colouring thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. very delightful and charming!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so crazy but what a fun trip. I love Disney World. Your card is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! I just love the colors you used, so striking. See you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Suzanne!
    It's so nice to come to your blog and be entertained. You have such a fun time with your family. I loved all the photo's. I would love to go to Disney world one day.
    Your card is gorgeous. what a lovely stamp. I must get this one. I love your coloring especially the color of her hair. Super coloring on the clothing. I love the whole layout.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Suzanne, soooo adorable!!! hee hee I love how you colored her, just stunning!!

    Happy belated Birthday to Riley! Looks like you all had a fantastic time celebrating, and really did it up big time. Mine was just at the end of January, and oh to be that young again yet know what I now know. Don't think I really want to go back again, I like where I am, just wish places didn't ache like they do!!

    Loved the travel story, but then, guess you can't go anywhere without some drama, huh??? Was LMBO.... You never said, unless I missed it, did the airlines ever get Alexa's purse back to her or was it gone forever? Hope she did..... Thanks for sharing with us, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card; another Suzanne creation. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  23. So nice to chat to you today - such a busy lady. Just had to check your blog out and here I am. Awsomely beautiful card here. You certainly know how to colour your images. Beautifully made. Now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover