Thursday, June 28, 2012

Got a Bookworm??

Howdy friends and Happy Day/Evening to you all!  I am home from vacation and slowly playing catch up as usual…we got in late on Tuesday night.  We had a blast in Orlando but boy-o those vacations take a beating on your body…walking miles and miles and up till all hours LOL.  We had lots of laughs and fun though even though Tropical storm Debby tried to waylay us Winking smile  But we only had one day of really bad weather and torrential rains so we just did indoor fun stuff…we went to Walmart (cuz there is ALWAYS a Walmart no matter where you go LOL) and bought a board game and played that while we ate at Chevy’s and then continued the game in our room that evening before seeing a movie (we saw “That’s My Boy”..I don’t recommend it…very crude and not that funny…at least we didn’t think so).  We played the boardgame LOGO and it’s a blast…hubby won first round and I won second round…we had some good laughs at that one!  That’s what is most important to me…all the fun, quality moments we have together as a family…that’s where the memories come from and what you remember years from now and I’m happy to have lots of those moments with my kids and hubby.

We made it to Universal Studios for one day and spent the other day at Universal Islands of Adventure.  Alexa was super excited to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter…cuz she is a HUGE Harry Potter freak!!  It was a pretty cool place and we rode all the rides there even though we had to wait in line for 60 mins for the ride in the castle in the heat…oyyy.  Then we get on and it stops halfway thru…the ride stops, the 3-D video stops for about 3 mins…then it carries on but nothing worked.  So when it was time to get off…this mama was like UMMMM NO WAY…we didn’t wait in line for 60 mins to get HALF a ride because of your issues…so we are gonna go again.  They didn’t argue with me…bwahahahhaha…hubby was like “oh boy there she goes”….but seriously, I wanted to ride the WHOLE ride.  And man-oh-man I hate people that push, shove and try to cut….I do not appreciate that behavior nor will I put up with it.  I may be somewhat small but I live LARGE and I rule my space…don’t touch me or come into my space or my family’s space unless I’ve invited you or your gonna get it.  I’ve had big men try to cut me off and no way Jose…not gonna happen.  James just laughs cuz he feels sorry for the OTHER people cuz he knows I’m gonna break bad and I do…but really…I respect others until you disrespect me and DO NOT PUSH CHILDREN…ugh its disgusting.  Everyone is gonna get a turn so chill out!  Geesh!  ‘Nuff said!  And yep we rode all the coasters…I am a roller coaster freak and thankfully all my family is too so that is always a good time.  We did have a good rain shower one day at Universal for about an hour…but I was prepared with umbrellas and ponchos but we still got pretty wet but took that time to see some inside things.  Then our last day we spent it at Disney’s Magic Kingdom (the kids chose that park) and we were there from 12 pm till 12 am….YEAH THAT’s TWELVE HOURS PEOPLE…do you feel me? I had to pull out the super-mom-mother-load-energy-storage-tank for that day…I was so tired I fell asleep in my seat at the Mickey’s Philhar-magic show LOL.  But it was a great day, lots of fun and now I’m trying to recover while working and catching up hee hee!


Slideshow of Park Pics:



Slideshow of the Castle at Magic Kingdom in stages:



************************************************************

Are you a Bookworm too??



I love, love to read…always have and always will.  I read between 3-6 books a week…I’m a total book (and music) addict…its my crack LOL!  And with my Kindle I read even more, I love having access to my books 3 secs after ordering them (I have a Kindle for outside reading, a Kindle Fire for travel and my iPad for reading at home…yes I have a problem LOL)!  That is why last year I started my online book club called BookEndz…its open to everyone to join and we read a book a month then have a fun cyber party/chat to talk about it and give away some prizes.  During the summer we are reading TWO books each month…one a more serious read and one a fun, lite read.  You are NEVER required to read the books to attend the parties or join the group…its just fun and the gals are all great, so if you love to read come join us ok!  This past month we were reading “Story of a Beautiful Girl” by Rachel Simon as our main selection and the 2nd book is “Sweetgrass” by Mary Alice Monroe. 

I'm entering this cute Bookworm into the following challenges:




So this card was made in honor of my book club…I don’t wear glasses but I loved the image…reminded me of all of us book-lovers. The digi image is by Saturated Canary and she’s called “What the Librarian Reads”!  The papers are all by Kaisercraft "Vintage Timeless" (now 10% off)  because I loved the vintage bookish feeling they had…reminds me of the antique books I collect and I loveeee the smell of old books, see told you I’m an addict Winking smile!!  I distressed all the papers with my fave Zutter Distress machine and inked the edges.  The sentiment is by PTI and its one of my fave sayings ever!  Good friends and good books just go together…at least in my book hahahaha!  The flower die-cut accents were made with a Marianne Designs die that I used on some Scrabble-letter paper and inked the edges and put around my main image.


She got colored with Copics:  E49,E44,E43,E42,E41,E40 / R20,R11 / E11,E00 / E25,Y21,E50,E31.  I used the dotted method to create a soft background with my markers (and added W00 & W1 to the mix) and then dotted a bit with Stickles as well for sparkle.  Diamond glaze was used on her glasses, a book, the mug and the pen for shine.  Then I used my Ranger Inkssentials Blending tool (one of my utmost fave tools) to add some soft ink around the edges of the image…I call it faux-airbrushing that’s cheaper and easier LOL!


That’s it from me today…I’ll see you back here on Friday with a NEW release from SCACD!  Have a good one!

28 comments:

  1. Morning Suzanne glad you had a good vacation. Gorgeous card coloured as always beautifully and the layout is stunning. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I want to go to Harry Potter World! Except I am a little scared of the rides hehe...Sounds like you had an amazing trip. And what a gorgeous card! SUch beautiful colour tones..I realyl love the vintage look and she is so super funky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Suzanne, what a great holiday you had, love the pictures of you and your familie, and lovely card you made, yes,yes i am a bookworm too hihi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to read that your vacation was awesome: nice pics!!!!

    And your card: a piece of art!!! I love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous - 3 to 6 books a week. I'm lucky if I get 1 done in 6 months!! I'm a very slow reader.

    Your card is just fabulous. Love the image and as always amazing coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Suzanne... she is just adorable and so beautifully colored....Love it!!! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just might want a digital stamp with her. She is adorable. Love the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love!!!! and your sentiment is so super cute!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful time on vacation, Suzanne. Love the photos.
    Awesome Bookworm card...such a sweet image. Those SC stamps are adorable and you colored her beautifully.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your post Suzanne...your card is amazing love all the little details you have put on..beautiful colouring and papers...and such a lovely sentiment...
    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful card with us this week at Make it Monday....
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photos!
    Oh the card is adorable, lovely image and perfect text, beautiful soft colours!
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Friendship Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow I saw your card on MIM what a stunning card I love the soft colour tones it all works so beautifully what a very talented lady you are thank you for sharing such a delightful card with us all
    x

    I am also a new follower I love your style

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Your card is stunning Suzanne. I love the image and you have coloured her so beautifully. I love the papers and embellies too.
    Wonderful photos too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Fab n Funky Challenge

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card! I saw it on MIM. xxx, Jacqueline (nr. 212)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you've had a fab holiday!

    Gorgeous card, love that image and fab choice of colours. Gorgeous!

    Saw you on Make it Monday.
    Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous, fabulous image & colouring ...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzanne you sound like my sister and the amount of reading you do and having the time to sit down and read without interruptions. I love your card and this wonderful Saturated Canary image this is perfect for you. Love your colours and wonderful embellishments the perfect finishing touches to your wonderful card. I saw this lovely card on MIM. Take care and have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathie X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suzanne you sound like my sister and the amount of reading you do and having the time to sit down and read without interruptions. I love your card and this wonderful Saturated Canary image this is perfect for you. Love your colours and wonderful embellishments the perfect finishing touches to your wonderful card. I saw this lovely card on MIM. Take care and have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathie X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back!! Glad that you and your family had a good vacation! Love your photos, and your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a busy fun vacation! Love your gorgeous card. Saw it at MIM and had to come check it out full size. LOL Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved reading your blog post....
    Your card is fabulous..love the muted colours and the attention to detail.Thank you for entering the Craft Room "Friendship" challenge this fortnight. Good luck! Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome home Suzanne! Sounds like you had a great trip ... and my pet hate is people who push too. I used to silently get angry but now I say something!
    I love, love, love your card! And yes, I am a bookworm too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just stunning! I love the neutral tones and gorgeous image, Beautifully done
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well I know this maybe impossible to do let alone say...but I really think this has to be my favourite card to date. There is just something about it, perhaps it's the colours you chose, the image, or a combination thereof I'm not quite sure Suzanne but simply I LOVE this one.
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  25. GORGEOUS! love the coloring and the saturated canary image! Thank you for sharing your trip photos! One day I would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  26. One I will make to Universal Studios! Great photos. And AWESOME card! Love how you coloured the image!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card :o) Love the image and fab embellies!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft-room this week for our friendship challenge and good luck. Hugs

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my word, Suzanne! I cannot express how much I love this card. This is my favorite SC image from the new release and you did an amazing job with it. I love the vintage feel of this card. GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for sharing this.

    My baby sister loves the smell of old books too. I need to let her know about your bookclub. She also adores reading.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover