Friday, July 5, 2013

Owl Be There!

Happy Friday to you all!  Hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July if you celebrate it of course!  We are in DC and still on vacation thru Sunday...then real life will take place again LOL!










********************

Owl Be There



This card was created for my Grandmother who turned 92 on June 10th!  She LOVES LOVES LOVES owls...I kid you not LOL...she has them everywhere!
So I had to use this NEW stamp from SCACD "Wise Owl"from the MechAnimals line for her birthday card.  The stamp comes with a sentiment but I chose to leave it off of this card.

My grandma is the BEST...she can still race circles around me most days...was farm-2-table cooking long before it was "instyle" and can bake most people under the table.  Riley and I are visiting her and my family later this month for a week.  We always like to get up there in the summer for a bit and Riley loves it up there.  Alexa will be in Florida at SeaWorld during that time and James will be home alone...gasp LOL!  

But I knew she'd love the image and I kept the colors bright and happy, perfect for my Gram!
The embossing on the white cs was done with a Couture Creations embossing folder "Super Powder Puff" (now 25% off)
I embossed the main image "Wise Owl" from SCACD in white embossing powder on the hot pink cs.  I added a few bling-y rhinestone as well.  The white die-cut is from Memory Box.

Fresh, Fun & Modern...perfect for a Birthday Card!






3 comments:

  1. Hey Suzanne,look at that not a stitch of coloring and you still make fantastic cards,love the colors, that diecut is to die for:. I love your Grandmother, I love owls too, she sounds like my kinda woman.
    I got my stamps and posted them and your link hope thats okay but had to show my followers what an amazing artist you are, I'm sure most know already...
    Hope your having a WONDERFUL time away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo beautiful. I am sure she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover