Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Reverse Confetti Release Day!



It’s a new year, and what could be better than to start it off with a brand new shiny release from REVERSE CONFETTI?!  

Love is definitely in the air with the 6 new stamp sets (including our new QuirkyCuties line) and 3 new Confetti Cuts Dies.  
We invite you to hop along with the Confetti Crew, Challenge Crew, and a few other friends today as we share our cards and projects using the new products.  
We think you’ll fall in love over and over with this release!

*****

The hop started over on the Reverse Confetti blog, and you should have made it here from Heather Pulvirenti’s blog. It would be worth your while to start at the beginning of the hop, so you don’t miss a thing. We have tons of inspiration for you to see using all the new Reverse Confetti stamp sets!


Isn't Freida Fox the cutest...yes she's a girl in the set but I have made "her" a "boy" for this project lol! So I'm naming him FRED FOX for my project today bwahahaha! This stamp set is from Reverse Confetti's new line of "Quirky Cuties" that are being released today...hop over to the store to check them ALL out!  I am looking ahead towards Valentine's Day so I decided to make a fun V-Day card boy style.  My last project with this set HERE was girly themed so I decided to switch it up a bit.


The papers are a mix of Docrafts Papermania (b&w) and Bazzill Basics (red). I used a few of my Spellbinders dies to make the pinking circle element and the hearts...and a CB folder to emboss the white cardstock.  The arrow I made myself because I lack any arrow dies (need the Confetti die here) and stamped the "Hey Foxy!" in white palette ink on it.  HINT: she/he would be cute flocked.



So YES Freida Fox can be turned into Fred Fox heehee...love to make my stamps versatile in many ways so by cropping off the bottom of "her" it eliminated the dress.  I paperpieced his sweater and scarf to match the papers I used.  TIP: always shade your paper pieces when you have a colored image or else the paper piecing looks flat next to your lovely shaded and colored image. I shaded mine with C7 & C5 to add in some dimension.  And I colored the image with Copics...the C Grays and then added Diamond Glaze to his "optional" glasses you can add on.  I also decided to cut him out and pop him up with dimensionals on my embossed circle...I love lots of layers and textures on my cards!

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper:  Docrafts PaperMania and Bazzill Basics
Copics, Diamond Glaze, button, bakers twine
Stickles, Zutter Distress Tool, Spellbinders dies, Scor-Tape
Cuttlebug folder, dimensionals, heart rhinestones



I hope you’ve enjoyed hopping with us today. Be sure and hop with us on the 8th of EVERY MONTH for more REVERSE CONFETTI inspiration! 

Now it’s time to hop on over to Stacey Schafer's blog
If you get lost along the way, you can find the hop order and list of all the participating designers over on the Reverse Confetti blog.

A few things before you hop along though, just to keep you “in the know”…
January’s SKETCH FOR YOU TO TRY is open for you to play along.    
AND, be on the lookout for a NEW COLOR challenge we will be introducing on January 16th and another way to win!

Celebrate the creative side of you!



20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love this little stamp set and you did an amazing job with the coloring and paper piecing! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Oh wow! All of it! The shading too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card, Suzanne, I love the colour combination and the paper piecing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the paper you used on her coat---perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as can be!!! Thanks for the tip on shading the paper pieces. I will try to remember to do that! Makes quite a difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is simply marvelous; how clever to transform a foxy 'her' into a rather handsome, striking 'him'! Once again, you and RC work magic together!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card - so intricate and great color combo.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so cute! What a treasure to receive! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well hello, FRED! ;) I think "he" is just darling!! So glad you could join us for the Quirky Cuties introduction!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply FOXY...love your coloring, as always...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too adorable; love the details. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. (Not sure if my comment went through or not). Adorable card; love the foxy stamp. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too, too cute! Love how you turned her into him and your paper piecing and layers are fantastic. I've got to have this adorable set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fabulous card - love all the layers and the vibrant colour scheme :-) I also love the little fox and his cute glasses :-)
    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Fred! How clever! Beautival shading and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! AMAZING card Design!! LOVE that arrow and the Layers!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card Suzanne!! The colours just POP!!! He sure is a cute image! Hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover