Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Seaside Vintage!


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Hope you had a good 3 day weekend if you had off for President's Day here in the States.  My kids had 5 days off due to the 18" of YUCKY snow we got and we got another inch last night.  However it will be in the high 50's and low 60's this week so I'm praying most of this snow melts away.  And melting snow means a muddy yard which translates to muddy paws for my dogs LOL...I have to keep towels by the patio door and wipe their paws when they come in (which they hate).  I'm soooooo ready for Spring..this winter has been BRUTAL and I cannot wait to see green grass, flowers in bloom and warm breezes coming through the window.

We had a great Valentine's Day...you can see what Cupid brought my hubby and the teens here. I got tickets to see Billy Joel this summer with the hubs...it will be my 4th time seeing him live and I just love him.  Little bit of fun trivia for you:  Alexa my daughter was named after Billy Joel & Christie Brinkley's daughter Alexa Ray :)  And Riley had a great 16th birthday....you can read all about him through the years on my other blog HERE.  He opted for a big present instead of a trip (I took Alexa to Cali for her 16th) so he got an Alienware Gaming Laptop to play all his battle/strategy games and a Team USA Hockey jersey...so he was a very happy boy!!

Ok onto my project for the day......

**************************
Seaside Vintage!



I'm in such a Spring state of mind...there may be snow on the ground but I'm looking so forward to the colors of Spring and the oncoming heat of Summer lemme tell ya :)  So I pulled out this cutie "Playing on Beach Tilda" from the Sea Breeze Collection at Magnolia-licious (she's available in both reg size & mini)...she was unopened & ready to come out to play.  This project is for the current Tues Challenge "Pretty In Pink" over at the Challenge Blog so I did a shabby chic, vintage, pink beachy scene.



My papers are a mix of My Minds Eye and Prima that I inked and distressed.  I love the weathered board paper (MME) and it reminded me of the old boardwalks & piers found along the beaches on the East Coast.  The swirl die is a Magnolia die and the sentiment says "Sending my love to you" from PTI.  A mix of flowers from Lavish Laces and Prima along with some pearls and cream colored cheesecloth to add to the vintage look.



Tilda is colored in Copics and I added Diamond Glaze to her little floatie.  I have had Frantage since it came out...a friend gave me 6 bottles at CHA the year it debuted and it has sat, and sat and sat on my shelf in my studio LOL.  I finally decided it was time to put it to good use.  So around the image and the circle mat I added "Aged Rose" Embossing Enamel...you just shake on what you want & where you want it and then heat it from underneath till it melts.



Flowers, cheesecloth & a tag finish off the corner of the card.



Have a fabulous & crafty week!



11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Suzanne. I love this Tilda and I can tell you are ready for winter to be OVER! Me too, BTW. But CO doesn't let us off the hook until mid to late April. Love the papers and distressing, definitely shabby chic vintage.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card!!!! super elegant!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Suzanne. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow simply gorgeous is this with lots of lovely detail added x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute Suzanne! Great summer card, or anytime card! Love it! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love it all here, so beautiful, elegance and sweetness together!
    Riet

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Suzanne, I love all the pretty details and your sweet Tilda, so pretty
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, Suzanne! And, with our warm weather here, it really fits in!!! I hope to get some coloring done today myself.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just darling, Suzanne! With our warm weather out here, it really fits in!!! I hope to get some coloring time in today myself.....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover